BMR Frame Connectors

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
bluethunder

BMR Frame Connectors

Post by bluethunder »

Has anyone here installed these on there PPV ??
If so comments Pls thanks
s/c'd cav

Re: BMR Frame Connectors

Post by s/c'd cav »

ive got a set from my old G8 , but never tried to see if they would fit the ppv
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

for sale by any chance??
13CapriceNC

Post by 13CapriceNC »

I have been curious about this setup as well. Id like to get some for the Caprice, but I want to know if anyone else has had good luck fitting the connectors before purchasing.
TTriglia417

Post by TTriglia417 »

I know it’s an old thread but I have a 2014 PPV and because the SS is shorter the back holes will not line up, you will have to drill out your own hole on each side to get it to work [nturl] Image[/nturl]
119C3NJ

Post by 119C3NJ »

417 is this pic of them mounted to a PPV? I don't mind drilling but have been reluctant to order these so far.
2011 9C3 Caprice PPV Phantom Black
1995 MG5 Yukon GT Black
1993 Harley Davidson FLSTC Black
kevink

Post by kevink »

The tubing is so small I can't imagine them doing anything. Do people actually think these work?
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Technically not tubes.. channels and small-ish diameter.. which takes up less space than a tube. My bet is they matter quite a bit. Frames are already somewhat rigid but not able to take the forces of us lunk heads who need more ponies. Rigidity is important in a racing bicycle as it is in a racing car. Don't give away energy whether you're going in a straight line or making turns. When your wheel horsepower gets up in big numbers and you have sticky tires, your car is going to twist. Stopping the twist might save your windshield :). The longitudinal strength is at least as important as the twisting rigidity (tighten your bolts!) as your frame twisting requires that you also change the length of the frame connectors. Installing a roll cage is very problematic but very effective.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
kevink

Post by kevink »

Channel? No, they are made of teeny tiny square tubing. If they are made of channel, then they are an even worse design than they already appear to be. All the pics are from the bottom, so you can't see the top side of the square tubing. Post up a pic of the top side of the connectors so we can see that it's channel and not tubing.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

they are square tubing , ive still got the 1s from my G8

https://bmrsuspension.com/?page=product ... superpro=0