Fitment Check before I order anything (Help)

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Fitment Check before I order anything (Help)

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Well, if they did, they'd have long tubes, at least, that would also work with the SS. Not sure there's market for a new set, though, since there are several vendors already in the market.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I wrote a really long reply, but for some reason my phone decided it didn't want to post. To cut it down, headers probably could be made to fit, but I didn't want to start bashing new headers, as my oil cooler had some drips on it, so the gasket was probably on its way out. All the parts cast less than $30 to remove it. Rent an axle nut socket set to make removal of the block plug easier. I think it was a 35mm, but I'm not 100%. This was with pacesetters. Pypes may fit differently, as they are a tri-y. I have DoD deleted, so I am not as concerned with oil break down. Good luck!
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

You asked about belt tensioner problems-
Mine had a pulley that sounded like it was grinding rocks. I got a "kit" from Rock Auto with a belt and tensioner.
About a month later my steering suddenly felt heavy while driving on the highway, then the alternator indicator dinged on and the temp started to rise... Pulled over and found the tensioner snapped in two.
The aftermarket part was much thinner than the OEM. I ended up digging the OEM out of the scrap pile, swapped pulleys, and reused the OEM. So if you do replace your tensioner I recommend buying OEM or try to just get a new pulley if that's all is wrong. The OEM body is quite robust.
Attachments
KIMG0048.JPG
KIMG0048.JPG (134.97 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune