Fitment Check before I order anything (Help)

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Zeos

Fitment Check before I order anything (Help)

Post by Zeos »

Hey guys. I made it through the summer with my 9c1 in stock form and now it is time to throw money at parts to install over the winter/early spring. Just looking for some thumbs up, advice or even maybe any signs to hold off and wait for future products I may not have heard of.

G8 BMR Sway Bar Kit
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=prod ... superpro=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heard good things about these

Pedders Full Coil Overs
http://www.pedders.com/remote-cannister ... 64064.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I assume anything holden caprice is a straight on replacement on the chevy version.

Belong in another section but here you go...

G8 Solo Axleback Exhaust
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CB03USQ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

G8 PYPES Exhaust Headers
http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13914297-08-0 ... r140s.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What other modifications are needed to move the cats / 02 sensors back? I haven't found a detailed post on this. I know SS headers fit on the car but these are half the cost of the ones I have found recommended on here.

>>>>

Also some of the G8 boys were talking about the belt tensioner being a headache and needing to be changed. Not sure what issues that is dealing with.

>>>>

P.S. Ive been through a few post talking about the DOD delete and I am going to hand the car over to my mechanic for that joyous occasion. Can anyone point me at a recommended parts list to perform that operation so I don't leave him hanging with having to order things. A stock or slightly taller LS3 cam should just "pop right in" and then I am free to change whatever rocker/lifter parts I want or does DOD leave trace issues with all that also? I presume getting the car tuned/disabling the software end of DOD is also going to NEED to take place right after the cam swap or does it have to happen before?

Thanks to anyone that throws some answers at me. I am just nervous that I will order parts now and find out in 3 months they don't fit.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Fitment Check before I order anything (Help)

Post by CrashTestDummy »

To run the G8 long tubes, I believe you have to get rid of the oil cooler. Some don't think that's an issue, but you'll need to include the parts to do that work in your estimate. Some have opted for a separate air/oil cooler, which will require re-plumbing a new cooler, but that makes room for those headers.

The new SS LTs and exhaust systems are almost drop-in, only requiring an extension to be added to the back section on both sides to compensate for the extended wheelbase of the Caprice.

There has been a recent discussion regarding O2 sensor extensions in the exhaust section. I think there's an ebay seller who has them in 1- and 2-foot lengths.

I think GM has always had issues keeping belt tensioners alive. I've had it on our 95 9C1, and ALWAYS buy new tensioners for the first time I replace a belt on a car, just in case. I know of no 'issues' where the current crop of Caprices are having any higher tensioner fail rate than any other GM vehicle. Considering their use, they may actually be better than other models.

It will be interesting to see how those coil-overs work, but DANG, they're expensive. BCs seem okay, too, but I've never ridden in a car with them. Some here have opted for stock SS springs with Caprice struts. If you needed a firmer ride, you could also go for Koni struts with SS springs, or even H&R springs to drop the car a bit more.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I just ordered the Pacesetter headers. I will be trying to install them in the next week or two, I just need to find someone who can watch my son for the install time. I can try first without removing the oil cooler. I have all the parts to remove it, if necessary.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Thanks for the replies. I would like to keep the oil cooler in place if at all possible. Looking forward to what you get done Raunchtastic. Also just lock your son in the car while you work. Best place for him.
B.T. Justice

Post by B.T. Justice »

they make the solo performance axle back for the caprice, they don't have it on there website but call Jeff at 905 703 1557.

ordered mine last monday and got it 2 days later, its the same price as the g8 , it did post a video on the sound and some pics
B.T. Justice
Wisconsin
2011 caprice
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

Zeos, my son is only about 6 months old, so his attention span is about 45 seconds. I wouldn't even get my tools ready before he would get bored and start crying. I may be able to get started while he is taking a nap, but there is no chance I would have everything finished before he woke up. I still need to get some pipes stretched before I can tear into it. Maybe someone can get to it before me.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

whats the question about the pace setters?
i just did an intake and got a better look at what I had to do to make them happen?
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

OP was trying to find out if the oil cooler delete was mandatory. I'm planning on deleting it for my install, buy I can try and test fit before I do so.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I have the contact info from the GTO/G8 guy who works with the Pypes company, maybe you should take a ride over there though since they are in Hatfield, its right off 63 I just went last week to buy exhaust clamps.
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

B.T. Justice wrote:they make the solo performance axle back for the caprice, they don't have it on there website but call Jeff at 905 703 1557.

ordered mine last monday and got it 2 days later, its the same price as the g8 , it did post a video on the sound and some pics
xcidmigs wrote:I have the contact info from the GTO/G8 guy who works with the Pypes company, maybe you should take a ride over there though since they are in Hatfield, its right off 63 I just went last week to buy exhaust clamps.
Thanks to both of you. I will be giving Jeff a call soon and I know pypes is near me. I should call them up first maybe. Wonder if they'd want to build a set for the caprice for actual production.