G8 Eibach Lowering Springs

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
xcidmigs

Re: G8 Eibach Lowering Springs

Post by xcidmigs »

Did you ever get to measure these and when you did the install did you replace the front strut bushings? I'm considering doing a spring swap on mine but I'm not sure if I want to do all the labor myself.
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I just ordered a set of these. My strut mount bushings are both giving me the "thunk," so I decided I may as well lower it while I'm at it. BMR poly mounts are what I went with. Should be a good improvement. Next on the list is cam and long tubes. I'll post a measurement once suspension is installed and settled. It will drop more than the advertised height, as policy spec springs tend to be higher than the civilian counterpart.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

A report on your results will be most helpful. Mine is bouncy in the rear and all the springs have rusty areas where the paint is cracking and falling off
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

Factory or Eibach? My Eibachs should be in tomorrow, possible install on Thursday, depends on how my kid is behaving. I may only be able to get fronts in.
kevink

Post by kevink »

Raunchtastic wrote:Factory or Eibach? My Eibachs should be in tomorrow, possible install on Thursday, depends on how my kid is behaving. I may only be able to get fronts in.
Would you mind taking some accurate measurements before and after the spring swap? I wonder how these compare to the H&R springs. My H&Rs lowered my 2011 9C3 exactly 2" in the rear and 1 7/8" in the front. Both measurements were taken with the car in the same exact spot on the garage floor, the same amount of fuel in the tank, etc.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

Raunchtastic wrote:Factory or Eibach? M8uy Eibachs should be in tomorrow, possible install on Thursday, depends on how my kid is behaving. I may only be able to get fronts in.
Mine look original to the car w/140k. Probably 100k overdue
Still sits up proudly, has an exrta bounce in the rear before it settles out
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune
Towcutter

Post by Towcutter »

That really looks great. As long as the handling is improved to go with..
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I did not measure before, but after giving them a few days to settle 3 of the 4 corners sit at 28", while one of them site at 27". It seems odd and has a very slight lean, I can't figure out for the life of me what it is. So far no one has noticed other than me, but now that I know, it will never stop bothering me. This is which stock size tires.
kevink

Post by kevink »

Raunchtastic wrote:I did not measure before, but after giving them a few days to settle 3 of the 4 corners sit at 28", while one of them site at 27". It seems odd and has a very slight lean, I can't figure out for the life of me what it is. So far no one has noticed other than me, but now that I know, it will never stop bothering me. This is which stock size tires.
Fender heights don't mean much as they will depend on the surface the car is on and tire pressure. Measure the car on a variety of level surfaces and make sure your tires all have the same pressure. If one corner is really 1" low, you've got problems.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

yeah, I can see how tire pressure could be a factor. Not so much ground type. This was measured on a level concrete slab. All tire pressures are within a few PSI. The car drives fine, I re-checked all the bolts and cant find a problem. Im not too worried about it.