Tein G8 springs?

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
lastcall190
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:17 am
Location: North Jersey

Tein G8 springs?

Post by lastcall190 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Anyone have Tein G8 springs on their PPV? Not looking to slam the car (NJ roads hooray) but would like to move away from the 4x4 appearance.

I am aware of the merits of stock SS springs, but the wait time for new proved to be greater than 40 days last time, and the used prices when available have proven to be... interesting.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

s/c'd cav
Posts: 938
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 am
Location: PHOENIX AZ

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by s/c'd cav » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:54 pm

i had them in my G8 along with the FE3 struts/shocks , and loved it , it did sit lower than my caprice does with the SS springs

AceVL
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by AceVL » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:56 pm

lastcall190 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Anyone have Tein G8 springs on their PPV? Not looking to slam the car (NJ roads hooray) but would like to move away from the 4x4 appearance.

I am aware of the merits of stock SS springs, but the wait time for new proved to be greater than 40 days last time, and the used prices when available have proven to be... interesting.

-J
I see that this thread is a little old, but did you ever make a decision on springs?

From my gathering On the G8 boards it seems that:
H&R - Most aggressive lowering (Can Have Reverse rake)
Eibach - Most balanced With lowering and stance (can have reversed rake)
Tein- lowers the least amount, but avoids reverse rake

I am debating on the Eibach or Tein since the SS springs are few and far between with finding them
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400

lastcall190
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:17 am
Location: North Jersey

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by lastcall190 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:34 pm

I actually ended up just going with 2015 SS springs. Found them on the SS forums. Initially I had ordered a set from a dealer but it was taking several weeks. I am pleased with the drop for the springs, and it looks like the car should have come from the factory like this.

The reasons you outlined below were why I was considering Tein. The roads up by me aren't "great" and I didn't want to risk scraping everywhere so I didn't want to go too low, just enough to kill the 4x4 look.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Efrain
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by Efrain » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 pm

AceVL wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:56 pm
lastcall190 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Anyone have Tein G8 springs on their PPV? Not looking to slam the car (NJ roads hooray) but would like to move away from the 4x4 appearance.

I am aware of the merits of stock SS springs, but the wait time for new proved to be greater than 40 days last time, and the used prices when available have proven to be... interesting.

-J
I see that this thread is a little old, but did you ever make a decision on springs?

From my gathering On the G8 boards it seems that:
H&R - Most aggressive lowering (Can Have Reverse rake)
Eibach - Most balanced With lowering and stance (can have reversed rake)
Tein- lowers the least amount, but avoids reverse rake

I am debating on the Eibach or Tein since the SS springs are few and far between with finding them


I actually just installed a set of Teins ... ride actually improved in my opinion, softened it up a bit.
and it handles like a champ

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4063

AceVL
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by AceVL » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Efrain wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 pm
AceVL wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:56 pm
lastcall190 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Anyone have Tein G8 springs on their PPV? Not looking to slam the car (NJ roads hooray) but would like to move away from the 4x4 appearance.

I am aware of the merits of stock SS springs, but the wait time for new proved to be greater than 40 days last time, and the used prices when available have proven to be... interesting.

-J
I see that this thread is a little old, but did you ever make a decision on springs?

From my gathering On the G8 boards it seems that:
H&R - Most aggressive lowering (Can Have Reverse rake)
Eibach - Most balanced With lowering and stance (can have reversed rake)
Tein- lowers the least amount, but avoids reverse rake

I am debating on the Eibach or Tein since the SS springs are few and far between with finding them


I actually just installed a set of Teins ... ride actually improved in my opinion, softened it up a bit.
and it handles like a champ

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4063
Thanks for the info. I see you’re running camaro wheels with this as well? Any rubbing? Also what size tires if you’re not rubbing?
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400

Efrain
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by Efrain » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 pm

No Rubbing at all.

front is 245/35 and the back is 275/30 both R20

AceVL
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by AceVL » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Efrain wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 pm
No Rubbing at all.

front is 245/35 and the back is 275/30 both R20
Did you do any fender rolling? Or is it stock.

I have Camaro wheels that I’m refinishing and trying to decide on tires that wouldn’t rub
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400

Efrain
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by Efrain » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm

nope,
its all stock.
even stock shocks. (only 55k miles on them)

yup camaro wheels fit perfectly.

AceVL
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Re: Tein G8 springs?

Post by AceVL » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Efrain wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm
nope,
its all stock.
even stock shocks. (only 55k miles on them)

yup camaro wheels fit perfectly.
Nice, good to hear.

Do you think 245/40/20 and 275/35/20 would fit without rubbing?
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400

Post Reply