CF DS instead of two-piece OEM DS

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Scot

CF DS instead of two-piece OEM DS

Post by Scot »

The Driveshaft Shop in N.C. has been my go-to for aluminum and carbon fiber driveshafts for decades. They have all the measurements necessary for the Caprice PPV for a conversion from the OEM. High quality in aluminum or CF. The aluminum works great in my two ~450 HP PPV's and the CF in the ~550 HP one. They are also great people, honest and fair. Stock the OEM driveshaft is fine, nothing to complain about. Once the HP and torque are in that ~450 range, the one-piece aluminum DS makes a real improvement in vibration; overall, less likely to fail. No pinion angle issues either. Above that the CF DS really should be a must have. In my ~550 HP + torque Caprice (all mines are 2014's) it is a major contributor to how quiet and smooth the whole drivetrain is. Part of my ambition for those things is the whole Switzerland ambiance. Super loud exhaust and Mad Max driveline noise and vibration seem counterintuitive here. Even before the current inflation, they were never inexpensive though.