High stall converters in the twisties?

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Seabass

High stall converters in the twisties?

Post by Seabass »

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to cam my 2014 and am contenplating what converter to buy. The only high stall stuff I've driven was set up loose and ment for going straight. What converter is out there that is tight enough to autocross but still lets a cam get a run at some r's before stalling?

Anyone reading this regret going with the cts converter? The price is very tempting.
14 Caprice
Looking for a white or silver 11-12
Looking for:
complete stock exhaust
Ls3 intake
s/c'd cav

Re: High stall converters in the twisties?

Post by s/c'd cav »

CTS is only a few hundred over stock

there are tight and loose converters out there , best to talk to the company building it and let them spec it out
kevink

Post by kevink »

Modern high stall converters can be built so they aren't slippy at all when you're just driving normally. I have a 3800 Circle D in mine and I wish it was looser. They can build them to feel tight until you really get into the throttle. But as mentioned, it's best to have a reputable converter company build one for your specific combo or suggest an off the shelf unit. Don't cheap out on a converter.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Skyhighsami

Post by Skyhighsami »

Are you saying you want to swap to a tighter converter or just sharing your experience? Problem with s converter as soon as you hit 3800 the converter flashes it changed the personality of the engine. If you get s new one get s tight one that's small and light so the motor spimd up quicker.
Skyhighsami

Post by Skyhighsami »

Are you saying you want to swap to a tighter converter or just sharing your experience? Problem with s converter as soon as you hit 3800 the converter flashes it changed the personality of the engine. If you get s new one get s tight one that's small and light so the motor spin up quicker.