Camaro or Cadilac CTS-V trans pan upgrade?

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Ilikemtb999

Re: Camaro or Cadilac CTS-V trans pan upgrade?

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Pace performance has it for $25
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

either pan is pretty cheap , list price is below 40.00 on them

but the one with isnt available from GM currently , so no one can get it , short of someone having some left over stock , or buying a aftermarket pan from some where
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

How do you think they fill to the correct level without a level plug? Measurement at the fill hole? Or just a set amount of fluid added??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

smwalker wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 pm How do you think they fill to the correct level without a level plug? Measurement at the fill hole? Or just a set amount of fluid added??
The procedure is to have the car level and in the air, trans fluid to temp and while running pull that plug and like a diff, should drip just a bit. It’s sketchy at best
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I was referring to this:

camaro pan 24222657 this number shows currently available , its with out a drain plug and fluid check pipe

I read that as no drain plug and no Fluid check pipe? That correct?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Sounds that way. I compared my Tahoe pan to the camaro pan and they were the same minus the no check plug on the Tahoe since it has a dip stick. Probably the same pan as the one you speak of
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh yes of course cars that get a dipstick would not need the level check. So if you plan on doing the dipstick then this pan would be fine for use as well.

It's just adding that dipstick thats a chore for sure. Turns an easy project into a hard one.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

I plan on installing the pan 24250062 as well as a dipstick tube when I do my converter in the near future.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

smwalker wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 am I was referring to this:

camaro pan 24222657 this number shows currently available , its with out a drain plug and fluid check pipe

I read that as no drain plug and no Fluid check pipe? That correct?
yes a PLAN pan
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Yes, I'll probably just get the Camaro pan that most of you guys have converted to and not worry so much about finding the latest part number and matching pick up tube , at best it will hold more oil, and until I get a lift it will always be a royal pain to change and fill the pan.
Thanks guys.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's