Has anyone removed the x-pipe resonator thingy?

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Ridgeppv

Re: Has anyone removed the x-pipe resonator thingy?

Post by Ridgeppv »

sound is subjective
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

I treated this exhaust "tuning" process as an experimentation using different setups with the stock 2.25 pipe, until I had a better idea of what I want to use altogether, when I upgrade to a larger diameter. For me personally, the only mistake I made was selling my stock mufflers. In hindsight, that should've been the last experimental change, instead of one of the first.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Do you need stock mufflers? I have a set sitting in my garage from my exhaust upgrade. Actually I have the entire exhaust from manifold to tailpipe sitting in my garage.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

bstoner wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:02 am Do you need stock mufflers? I have a set sitting in my garage from my exhaust upgrade. Actually I have the entire exhaust from manifold to tailpipe sitting in my garage.
Sent PM.
Buck531

Post by Buck531 »

I just want a little sound out of the the exhaust. I've heard deleting the mufflers makes a big difference but I don't want any drone. Then someone told me the x-muffler thing. Then others are telling me something else. I'm leaving the rest of the exhaust stock until the summer or whenever i decide to do something with it.
'12 Caprice 6.0. Roto-fab intake. Camaro SS 20" wheels.
87 Fiero. 3800 Swapped. cam, head, headers, Gen V, etc 11.75 @ 116
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

The first thing I did was cut the mufflers off now all of this is personal preference cause no too tastes are alike it wasn’t load enough so I than cut the center out my opinion still not enough so I did headers and full 3in I didn’t really notice any drone with just the mufflers removed but my dod is turned off so I cant comment on that
Hybridc24k

Post by Hybridc24k »

I'm going to do this tomorrow. I'll do a sound clip after.
2014 Chevy Caprice PPV 6.0L
2022 Audi Q7 3.0T
2022 Chevy Tahoe RST Duramax
2005 Ford Ranger
1998 GMC Safari
Hybridc24k

Post by Hybridc24k »

There is no difference. Sounds just stock. Quiet as ever. I might just change my muffler now.
2014 Chevy Caprice PPV 6.0L
2022 Audi Q7 3.0T
2022 Chevy Tahoe RST Duramax
2005 Ford Ranger
1998 GMC Safari