VCM OTR or Rotofab Intake

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
79sevillecoupe

VCM OTR or Rotofab Intake

Post by 79sevillecoupe »

It’s been a while since I posted. I lost my 2014 Caprice 9c1 back in November of 2017(she was totaled). Finally got my hands on a 2011 Caprice. I had purchased the VCM intake in the past, and it’s been sitting in the garage waiting for a new car to go into. The car I bought came with a Rotofab intake already installed. Which one of these intakes will provide better performance? The car currently has a supercharger in it(it was originally Bob D’s car, then ManBearPigs). I’m looking to have the car tuned Thursday and was wondering what your opinions are on the two intakes, pros and cons.
s/c'd cav

Re: VCM OTR or Rotofab Intake

Post by s/c'd cav »

if its the lsa , then the rotofab is what fits

unless you want to spend big $$$ on a harrop nose piece and back half for their version of the VCM , and as well a speed density tune , not much room for a maf

and with a 11 ppv youll need the G8 brackets , the 12-17 use the SS if i remember correctly
79sevillecoupe

Post by 79sevillecoupe »

So I was able to fit the MAF sensor in between the VCM OTR and the supercharger. I used the ribbed rubber connection from the Rotofab to go between the supercharger and MAF. It worked. I will post pictures shortly to show before and after. I feel like the VCM will be better since it would get more outside air rammed in while driving at higher speeds. Had the car retuned to account for the change as well as installing a 3 bar MAP sensor. The car previously had a 1 bar and I believe it was tuned out when they added the blower. She’s running proper now. Any opinions on which would have a higher gain, or if it would just be incremental changes as they’re both cold air intakes?
V8turboblazer

Post by V8turboblazer »

Do you have any pictures?