Sedan SS Solo Mach shorty catback

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Willigaf

Sedan SS Solo Mach shorty catback

Post by Willigaf »

Pretty sure it will fit with some length added to the tail pipes but has anyone used the solo catback designed for the SS on their PPV? I found one for a good price.
lastcall190

Re: Sedan SS Solo Mach shorty catback

Post by lastcall190 »

IMO can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Might need some added length in the middle of the exhaust, but I can only speak to my own experience. Good luck.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

Was hoping it was short at the tail pipes like I’ve seen people post about the G8 catbacks. Probably will end up buying it anyway but if anyone else has thoughts on it let me know. Thanks
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Depending on the depth of the slip joints, you could probably just barely get them in there, tack them in place, and not need extended pipe. I think Silversled here did that with his SS Kooks system (IIRC this was back before Kooks had a PPV specific system). It's also not much length to make up. I took a 3" stainless test pipe for some import (can't recall which), chopped it in half and was set. Plus, each end of the test pipe had the female end so that made it even easier. Cost me maybe 30 bucks.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

lastcall190 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:46 pm Just quoted to get your attention Lastcall190
Checked out the empire performance site you’ve mentioned. Nice looking stuff. Sent an email just now so we’ll see what happens. Seems duties and taxes may be zilch from Perth to the States. Current exchange rate brings the engine back kit they have down to like $1100 US. With cats. And my job gets me a pretty good rate on international shipping.

Added up the gas and tolls to go get the catback at the beginning of this thread and decided it would be worth it if my time meant NOTHING. So I told the guy to let it go. Wasn’t really the one I wanted anyway.
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

Ugh. Right hand drive over there. Steering clearance on the wrong side of the car. Didn’t even cross my mind. They said the catback would be no problem to send over though.

I don’t guess anyone has tried the headers.