Camaro X Pipe/Resonator Delete on Caprice

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
AceVL

Camaro X Pipe/Resonator Delete on Caprice

Post by AceVL »

Just wanted to thrown an idea out and see if anyone had attempted it or if it wouldn’t work.

I’ve seen some Camaro X pipe kits and a JEGS Camaro Resonator delete and wondered if they would work on the Caprice, with some slight modification.

The BBK kit is the 4024 which is a X Pipe with 2.5“ piping, and the JEGS is the 30428 which is also 2.5” piping.

Do the Camaro and Caprice have Similar bolt up areas/exhaust spacing. I know the Camaro has slip joints and the Caprice bolts up, and obviously the Caprice is longer. But are they similar enough since it’s still a Zeta car?

I understand the Caprice piping is 2.25 OD but with an adapter or two maybe you could bolt up.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I just read the reviews on the JEGS part and someone mentioned they installed it on their Chevy SS sedan, so that makes me think it could be quite feasible
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
Oldblue68chevy

Re: Camaro X Pipe/Resonator Delete on Caprice

Post by Oldblue68chevy »

Besides the Caprice pipes being too small they dont exactly line up to the Camaro mid pipes. What I did was get the Camaro cats since the stock caprice cats are a restriction. They bolt right up. After that the camaro mid pipe/resonator bolts right up. It needed extended 6 inches to let the rear meet up to the Caprice hangers. I deleted the mufflers and just made my own delete pipes with some ebay tips.
2011 PPV 9C3