Semi-Quiet exhaust to use with Kooks

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Turtle Bite

Semi-Quiet exhaust to use with Kooks

Post by Turtle Bite »

I recently bought a 2011 with Kooks long tube headers and cats, and it has SLP loudmouth mufflers. They drone, and are too loud for a daily driver. This car has a Nightfury cam so 4cyl/8cyl changeover is not a concern.

I am looking for something pretty mild. I can cut and weld but would like to buy a kit to make it a relatively quick changeover. Magnaflow is my go to usually, but I am told they drone bad on a G8.

I am considering a G8 Mach Balanced CAT Back Exhaust Kit. Any opinions/ experience please share.
2011 Caprice, Night fury cam, kooks, SLP loudmouth, holden stuff, H&R, baby haulin hot rod.
lastcall190

Re: Semi-Quiet exhaust to use with Kooks

Post by lastcall190 »

Loudmouth is basically straight pipes so I can imagine how it is.

Since you can cut and weld, I would just get the Solo if you want. You will likely have to chop up some or most of the x-pipe I would imagine to salvage the cats.

G8 board probably has a bunch of feedback for the Solo systems with long tubes. I was speaking with one guy over there about his Mach Balanced system and he enjoyed it quite a bit. I went a different route, but I would see what others over there have to say. Good luck.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
s/c'd cav

Re: Semi-Quiet exhaust to use with Kooks

Post by s/c'd cav »

G8GT mufflers kept my cammed GT quiet and zero drone

for the ppv you would need to extend the tips to match the bumper