Finally Decided (intake)

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
BIG_GREEK

Finally Decided (intake)

Post by BIG_GREEK »

Well, I couldnt stand it anymore. Ive had this car for almost a year and a half and havent done anything to it. (performance wise) Partly due to it being "new" and having a tough time with my purchasing dealer on warranty concerns.

Anyways, back in the spring time I purchased full SS exhaust (the cats and back) for a decent price and have yet to install it. (Just havent had time) So, black Friday comes along and I took to the internet. I was looking at a CAI for the longest time and Autoanything.com had a deal for an AIRRAID kit for $280 and some change, not bad. But I really wanted an OTR intake, more streamlined airflow with no bends. VCM is too expensive and the guys on the G8 boards liked the Vararam system. Maryland Speed had them for $278 shipped. Ive heard horror stories on shipping times from them but no one could match or beat that price.

So to make a long story short, I bought the Vararam kit and I CANT WAIT. 8-)
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
s/c'd cav

Re: Finally Decided (intake)

Post by s/c'd cav »

i hope you stayed clear of maryland speed !!!!

they have sank to the low of lows , the reason their shipping time sucks , they place a order after getting enough orders to make a one time order and get a discount on items
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

I know, Ive read the horror stories. I did, however, confirm their "tactics" via email. I asked if I could pick the item up and they replied that I could not due to the item being directly shipped from Vararam. I did take a chance and ordered from them. Based on it being black Friday, there should be more orders and hopefully it gets shipped soon.

But I did wait a year and a half to make a purchase. Whats a few weeks? lol

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

good luck on the 6month wait ;)

hopefully its alot sooner !!

since you mentioned VCM , karo @ holden parts usa , does sell VCM you would just need to email or pm him on facebook to ask about , he is working on a new site to list everything he sells from performance parts , to specific parts from holden
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

oh im ecstatic!!!!!! The anticipation is building lmao

The VCM does look really really nice, but its almost double the money.

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

it is , and well worth the coin if you are wanting to have a stock like look to go with the performance

i had one on my G8 and loved it , its sitting in the garage waiting to go on my SS , i used a rotofab on my ppv because of the DOD , since ive got a 14 i used the SS version which has the closed air box , vs the G8's having a open filter , and DOD's being known for intake and exhaust noises being abnormal when in 4cyl mode

other wise ida put the VCM on the ppv
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

I understand with the exhaust on weird DOD noises, but is it really noticeable on the intake side too? This is my first DOD machine and I ABSOLUTELY hate it. The whole car vibrates and buzzes, im glad i go above 70 on my commute. hahaha

xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Some of that noise etc will be dramatically eliminated by the use of interior sound dampening products. I have no idea why the threads on exhaust etc go on for pages while very few guys do sound reduction projects and no one seems to care. My car is extremely quiet now with just the floor and doors treated. I would really like to do the ceiling next as I have seen at least one thread which shows there is nothing but hollow space up there and it may even help the car stay cooler while parked in summer.
BIG_GREEK

Post by BIG_GREEK »

yea i did the trunk, rear floor and rear doors. Im curious to see with the new exhaust (Whenever i get around to doing it).

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

BIG_GREEK wrote:I understand with the exhaust on weird DOD noises, but is it really noticeable on the intake side too? This is my first DOD machine and I ABSOLUTELY hate it. The whole car vibrates and buzzes, im glad i go above 70 on my commute. hahaha
some are some arent , i wasnt gonna chance it , plus i still might do the lsa sc