Solo-performance exhaust

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
toyguy5538

Re: Solo-performance exhaust

Post by toyguy5538 »

That system looks like what I need for my 16. How do you like the system now that you've had it on there a few days? Where did you buy it? Is it made specifically for the Caprice PPV? How much was it? Do you feel it was worth it? Thanks.
B.T. Justice

Post by B.T. Justice »

Got it from Solo-performance, it was 449 bucks. It is not on there website but you just have call and say you got a chevy ppv, mine is a 2011, not sure if 2016 is a different exhaust,they have some made already, its the same as the g8 but longer, i do notice on the highway going to 8 to 4 mode, it sounds like a bass when in 4 cyl. Mode, a little annoying, but not terrible, great sound but the exhaust could be 2 inches longer so the tips stick out a litttle bit more
B.T. Justice
Wisconsin
2011 caprice
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I keep looking at that up under car photo and wondering why we are not considering cutting out the rust prone flange connector and installing in its place a simple exhaust cut out sleeve which then could be pointed towards the stock exhaust opening areas and finished with whatever remote electric or otherwise left manual for the weekend drag guy. Would seem like you could do this with just clamp on stuff and careful measuring and not spend anywhere near this amount for the Solo etc "axle backs" This version from QTP is 10" long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Time-Perf ... 2262751869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or this in non polished with clamps...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-10783 ... 6f&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;