New tuning option for our cars

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
elc32955
System Manager

New tuning option for our cars

Post by elc32955 »

For years I used Tunercat to apply tunes to OBD-1 B-body Caprices & Impala SS's. Well, I got curious the other day why they didn't offer an option for our cars and email'ed the company. Well..... it turns out that they DO offer support for the Caprice PPV. According to the company, the OBD2_53 VDF (Vehicle Definition File) does support the 2011 & up 6.0 Caprice. So this gives another option in lieu of HP Tuners to support our cars.

Tunercat has licensed it's OBDII tuner to JET Performance Products, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about procuring a copy. If you're interested in pursuing this further, check out the Tunercat web site at http://www.tunercat.com for info. The Caprice is not listed on the cars for the OBD2_53 VDF but they told me via EMAIL it's supported.

Always trying to look out for cost-effective solutions....

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.