Need help, can you ID what's missing?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
eagle-co94

Need help, can you ID what's missing?

Post by eagle-co94 »

So I got my 9C3 today and yes, it was a flood car. If someone can run my VIN for me and tell me some history on it let me know.

Here are pics of the engine bay. I know my plugs, wires and air intake are missing. It looks like someone checked the motor for water damage as the intake manifold is also loose and all the injectors are unplugged. I'll get better pics tomorrow in daylight. I haven't seen the underhood of a 9C1/9C3 before today so I hope someone may notice if there's anything else missing. In the last pic I moved two lines and hooked them over eachother that may be for some sort of air recirculation/carbon canister?

-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
leadfart

Re: Need help, can you ID what's missing?

Post by leadfart »

You might as well upgrade to the RotoFab CAI. It's probably cheaper than trying to buy a new OEM intake. Unfortunately, I threw mine away, or I would give it to you. Need a OEM spare tire?
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I've got a line on a stock intake loaner in FL but thanks! I've started looking at intakes and have seen the Rotofab and am curious if a New Era over the radiator intake will fit. I can look at that further down the road. I've got a full-size spare so thank you on that too. How great is it to have a full-size spare on a modern car!
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

I had an OTR CAI, but I forgot what brand. It may have been a New Era. Unfortunately, I have made several moves in the last two years, and after the blower install, I threw a bunch of stuff away. It was never going back on the car anyway! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

leadfart wrote:I had an OTR CAI, but I forgot what brand. It may have been a New Era. Unfortunately, I have made several moves in the last two years, and after the blower install, I threw a bunch of stuff away. It was never going back on the car anyway! :mrgreen:
Why?
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

I had a room full of spare parts for my 95 Impala SS, and the PPV. Some stuff just had to go! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

The VCM OTR Intake fits its a little pricey but nice.
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

leadfart wrote:I had a room full of spare parts for my 95 Impala SS, and the PPV. Some stuff just had to go! :mrgreen:
No, I meant why was the our never going back on? Did you not like it or was it that it didn't fit with the blower and you don't plan to get rid of the blower?
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Bob, want to sell your OTR CAI?

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Ithink he just said he threw it away...otherwise I would have asked for it.