ANYONE PUT IN A CAM?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
nick brown

ANYONE PUT IN A CAM?

Post by nick brown »

couldnt find a post if anyone did or not.
2011 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV 9C1 (FIRST OWNER)
2008 CHEVY SEDAN LT
1996 IMPALA SS
1964 IMPALA SS 2 DOOR HARD TOP
greasychevy

Re: ANYONE PUT IN A CAM?

Post by greasychevy »

No one has to my knowledge. I plan on it in the future. Not as straight foward as a normal cam swap because you have to pull the heads to remove the DOD lifters. They make DOD delete kits you can use, they are the same as G8s. I know livernois sells a great kit for a fair price. Texas speed has an ok kit. im sure there are other places. I think the thing to do is upgrade to a 3bolt cam sprocket. What kind of cam are you looking at? Gears? stall?
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
Tariq

Post by Tariq »

Go with Pace Performance kit
for DOD delete kit

http://paceperformance.com/i-11988990-g ... e-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the price is amazing

Camshaft! you can contact Patrick G to get one ;)
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

L76 (G8 motors) and L77 cam swaps are supposed to be very close in detail according to what I've been told. I've had several people recommend the LS9 cam if you do elect to open up the motor and scrap the DoD/AFM components. Get some regular lifters in there.

I'm waiting until I can install headers and complete my exhaust before I go to the next step, which will be re-camming the motor. In any event, GM's AFM setup for the L77 is still known to be flaky and engine damage can result from AFM gone bad. Any number of shops have experience in dropping a cam into the L76 motors, if I was going to use one I'd probably have it done down at Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach as they are an excellent GM development shop.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Try talking to Stephen over at East Texas Muscle Cars... I believe he helped someone with a supercharger on their Caprice...

http://easttexasmusclecars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Why yes he did, in fact, a certain PPV is prominently featured on his website! 8-) And yes, he can put anything you want in your Caprice PPV, if you got the scratch! And, he is good. :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe