Turbo

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Re: Turbo

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Let’s revive this thread, what do you guys think about this kit? I wonder how doable it’d be on our cars

https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-LS-CAMARO0915-IC

I’d love to get something like this and just run it on the lowest boost setting possible, heck if I got 400whp I’d be happy as anything.
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

JUNKYARD_JACK wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:21 pm Let’s revive this thread, what do you guys think about this kit? I wonder how doable it’d be on our cars

https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-LS-CAMARO0915-IC

I’d love to get something like this and just run it on the lowest boost setting possible, heck if I got 400whp I’d be happy as anything.
It looks reasonably well built, would likely need modification to the intercooler piping, and who knows what else. This would probably be good for a track car but that system has some serious thermal issues that I would not want on a daily. Even with ceramic coating and thermal blankets, lots of components (ABS, PCM, AC lines) are in extreme danger being that close to hotside parts.

I always liked the lower mounting of the AGP kits and the like, better thermal situation.

I understand the awesome factor of a turbo setup, but if 400whp is all you are shooting for, it can be done N/A fairly easily.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I like the idea of going turbo just to always have the ability to turn it up. Build up a cheap 5.3 to stab in there after a while and crank the boost all the way up. Although I’m pretty sure the for about the same amount of money I can reach the same HP goals and have the peace of mind that I’ve gone in it and put good new head gaskets on it, new non-dod lifters, new cam. It’d be dumb of me to try to cram boost into this motor and not make sure it’s in at least decent shape.