check engine light high voltage from oil pressure switch?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
FzCobra

Re: check engine light high voltage from oil pressure switch?

Post by FzCobra »

Any tips on getting the wire connector off the sensor?
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I use a 90 degree pick to lift up the locking piece and then just push in the release tab. It is easy to remove IF the release tab is not on the intake side, which does not leave much room for fingers. I have one car like that and it is no fun to remove compared to one that is on the firewall side.
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Thanks for the reply.
Mine is on the intake side, right up against it. I can't get any leverage to push the tab.
I'm going to remove the windshield cowl, for more hand and arm room, and change the cabin filter while I'm at it.
I think a 90' pick, if its rigid enough, might push the tab in. I might end up cutting the wires as a last resort.
-Rob
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I guess I will ask, but are you getting a P0521 code? If you are, I have two cars that set the code due to plugged oil filters and the cars still had a lot of life left on the oil. I guess the Mobil 1 is cleaning some carbon from the ring lands. I had a AC Delco UPF48R start causing the code after about 1800 miles on the oil change. When cut open, they have had a layer of black film on the media that can be scrapped off with a finger nail. Now all of my filters will be cut open after oil changes to see if any of my other cars have the same slim on the media.
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

I'm getting P0523 and P0522 codes. I'm going to do an oil change too, as the life is around 15% left, probably should have done it first.
-Rob