Superchip cortex?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
hdcjmartin

Superchip cortex?

Post by hdcjmartin »

Hey y’all, I have a Superchip Cortex handheld tuner in my possession. It seemed to really wake up my dads 09 G8 GT. Just wondering if this would work on a caprice ppv... thanks.
thirdgenfarmer

Re: Superchip cortex?

Post by thirdgenfarmer »

There is one for sale near me on a G8 forum, I don't know if it would work or not though. Since you already have one in your possession why don't you just plug it in and report back? (seriously, not just being a smart aleck - I would love to know.)

With that being said, in my previous experience a handheld tuner wasn't that impressive (although it was on an anemic 4.7L in a Ram).
2011 9c1

"It's got a cop motor, a 364-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks..."
hdcjmartin

Re: Superchip cortex?

Post by hdcjmartin »

Unfortunately I don’t have a Caprice yet but I do have my eye on one that’s about 3 hrs away from me. From first hand experience I can tell you that their was definitely a noticeable difference in my dads G8 before and after the tuner. The superchip cortex allows you to tune for different fuel grades, specific bolt ons down to the brand, shift points, shift firmness, transmission line pressure, speedo corrections, it will also deactivate DOD, it’ll do data logging to as well as DTC readings. After the tune car felt a lot more responsive and definitely kicked you back in your seat a lot more. Shifted a lot harder, after the tune it would squall the tired from a 40 role. I will definitely report back when I pick up a Caprice.