tuner in So WI?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
20139c1

tuner in So WI?

Post by 20139c1 »

I am looking for a tuner in the Southern Wisconsin area. Initially to shut of the DOD but as I dd more new parts a performance tune. Any recomendations?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: tuner in So WI?

Post by Pursuit »

I can't suggest a local tuner but I have had good luck with HP Tuners. I purchased the components to program the ECM and TCM over three years ago. It has been handy to have for gear ration changes, DOD on/off and basic tuning. There are plenty of good tuners out there that can tune via email. You could purchase a generic tune or you can data log your car, send them that file and they can make the specific changes for you (CAI, headers, tire size etc).They send the new file back and you send the new info to the ECM and TCM. I would recommend that you read up on any and all info available on whatever tuning software you go with. Chris Henry Motorsports is a member here and has helped me a lot. That's just a personal suggestion. Other members here have had good luck with other Tuners as well.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Raunchtastic

Re: tuner in So WI?

Post by Raunchtastic »

+1 on HP tuners. Huge benefit to me. My first tune was from Sloppy Mechanics (you may have heard of them? Search YouTube) there is a huge tune repository that I have pulled a few tunes from and have been happy. Turning off DoD is painfully easy. A huge benefit is that any tuning shop worth their salt in the LS world knows about HP tuners, and many shops will use it with dyno time to tune it for you. You can make almost any change necessary to run it, including boost, transmission shift pressure and times, torque converter lock up schedule, etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"