HP Tuners works!

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Raunchtastic

Re: HP Tuners works!

Post by Raunchtastic »

xcidmigs wrote:
Raunchtastic wrote:i know this is an old thread, but are you able to keep e85 with this? i would love to delete AFM, get a better trans tune and a linear pedal to throttle body ratio, not to mention reduce torque management, but i run exclusively e85. it just smells better.
THe remote tuner I use with blackbear performance told me that there would be just a few adjustments to my tune to run e85 to its maximum potential and i believe that would leave the trans tune which is a separate file alone. I feel compelled to go get a tank full of e85 now just to smell it
Its not so much the gas itself, but after its burned. It smells sweet, almost like race gas.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

NO! Ethanol does not smell like race gas. More like rotting fruit. Give me MS109, or C-19 any day. Snnnnnnnnniiiiiiifffffffffff. Ahh. :D
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

CrashTestDummy wrote:NO! Ethanol does not smell like race gas. More like rotting fruit. Give me MS109, or C-19 any day. Snnnnnnnnniiiiiiifffffffffff. Ahh. :D
Race gas is 100% better smelling than E85, but E85 smells 100% better than pump.
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

On a side note, for the trans tune, would this potentially eliminate "sport shift?" I would hate to lose it for no other reason than I don't want a dead button in the car.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

The sport shift button is left functional on my tune... That said I rarely have used it any more i don't really think there is much different. I read along time ago that the sport button also has something to do with the traction control parameters and I'm barely keeping traction as is....
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I made the jump to get the HP Tuners basic tuner, as I dont care for wide-band data logging, and MAN does it wake the car up. I found a G8 tune for 336rwhp on 93 and added 3* across the board for e85 timing. Even with sticky tires it will spin the tires with no brake-torquing. I'll have to get it to the track and see what the times will be.

For those of you with HP Tuners, do you have transmission tunes that you would be willing to share? I haven't yet found one quite to my liking. Stock is too soft, and all the ones that I have found seem to be too jarring. I dont mind it for "sport" mode, but I cant seem to get it to differentiate from normal driving.
Arcticolds442

Post by Arcticolds442 »

Raunch, I am in the same boat as you with the trans. I just started messing with HPT on mine, and it'd be nice to find a more "in-between" trans tune. If I find something good I will let you know.

Would you mind sharing the engine tune you found or at least where you found it so I can take a look?
2012 9C1 DD - stock for now
'72 Olds 4-4-2
'65 AMC Rambler - LQ4/T56 work in progress
"No Bucks Given" '84 VetteKart
'65 Cutlass
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

I found this file on the G8 forums. It was done by the guys who do the "sloppy mechanics" videos on Youtube. The only things that I did differently was keep e85 enabled and disabled DOD/AFM. For e85 timing reference map I just did +3* across the board and it runs great.

As far as the trans, this tune does make it much more aggressive,and I can't seem to figure out which trans pattern is "normal" mode and which is "sport." More trial and error, I suppose!

The file says that it is too large to upload, but here is the link:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/24-pcm-tu ... post712302

I also found these links explaining how the trans an be modified, its a lot of information, and Ive already read through it twice... but its a lot of information, haha.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/24-pcm-tu ... asics.html

http://www.g8board.com/forums/24-pcm-tu ... s-wot.html
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

Do you think it'd be possible to have the slush shifting in full auto and the aggressive shifting in "manual" mode?

I'm intrigued with the idea of getting my stock setup tuned. Not sure where have it done or shell out the $$ to buy the tuner myself.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

yargnits wrote:Do you think it'd be possible to have the slush shifting in full auto and the aggressive shifting in "manual" mode?

I'm intrigued with the idea of getting my stock setup tuned. Not sure where have it done or shell out the $$ to buy the tuner myself.

That is more or less what I want. Not necessarily "slush" shifting, but I dont need balls to the wall shifting when im cruising with my kid in the back.