2011 performance ?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
kammrk

2011 performance ?

Post by kammrk »

Hi guys
New to the site just found it today, I have a 2011 caprice ppv with the 6.0 L77, got it last month realy enjoy the car, I know there is lot's of power that is locked up on this car, I touched base with HP tuner's in west palm beach fla. in reference to any tuning information got no where , I am reading on this board a little information about "AFM" not sure as to what this is. What can I do at this point for increased H/P and better shifting? is there a shift kit on the market available for this car? will the Rotofab CAI help? any and all input will be much appreciated thanks Mark (florida).
leadfart

Re: 2011 performance ?

Post by leadfart »

Purchase HPtuners, go to a good tuner, with a dyno, and this car will really wake up. It is supported, oh, and mine makes 600+, courtesy of a custom fitted 2300 Maggie. :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Hes right Hp tuners does support our cars. its listed as a holden sedan. Id recomend the rotofab, its a direct fit. G8 headers will work if you remove the oil cooler. There is no "shift kit" because the transmission if fully electronicly controled so a modern shift kit is a trans tune (hp tuners). Also Theres manifolds to be bought or stock ones to be ported port the heads or after market, CAM. anything you can do to any other car can be done to these. I have kooks headers and full exhaust had to have the pipes made custom but not much more expensive than youd pay buying prefabbed ones. The motor is an ls2 bottom end with an ls3 top. so youd be looking at ls3 parts or G8 parts(same engine). No reason you cant make 600 plus HP NA. it just costs money.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
kammrk

Post by kammrk »

Thanks guy's, so your saying that HP tune does make a tune for this car? thanks again.
kammrk

Post by kammrk »

Also any idea if someone on this board might be selling the tune for this car thanks.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi Mark, welcome. I'm in Florida also, where are you located? Make sure to put up an intro post in the new member section when you get a sec :)

The shop I'd recommend that you check out for tuning and GOOD performance mods is Redline Motorsports, they are in Pompano Beach (I'm assuming you're in South Florida since you talked about WPB). They can dyno tune and do pretty much any mod you can conceive. Howard is the shop owner. I'm working on getting a HP tuners setup, but I don't have it yet. I put in a Rotofab in my car, had to do some slight mods because of my upfit configuration but it went in pretty easy. Next step for mine is a tune and 3.45's.

Also... make sure to check out the info. on the Florida G8 meet at the end of this month at Wesley Chapel, just north of Tampa. I'll be attending this meet.....

Again, welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.