Big N/A cam and dod delete

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
S13REMI

Re: Big N/A cam and dod delete

Post by S13REMI »

kevink wrote:Where did it make 434, and was that with open exhaust? Can you post the dyno sheet?
Ill post the dyno sheet tonight. Unfortuanetly my home computer blocks this site, so Ill post a photo of it later from my phone. Exhaust was open and do you mean at what RPM did it make that power?
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
kevink

Post by kevink »

S13REMI wrote:
kevink wrote:Where did it make 434, and was that with open exhaust? Can you post the dyno sheet?
Ill post the dyno sheet tonight. Unfortuanetly my home computer blocks this site, so Ill post a photo of it later from my phone. Exhaust was open and do you mean at what RPM did it make that power?
Cool, thanks a lot! Yes, I was wondering about RPM.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

kevink wrote:Cool, thanks a lot! Yes, I was wondering about RPM.
Car is shifting at 6750 makes all the power up top. Ill let the graph do the talking latter.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

When you or anyone has done one of these big cams are you addressing the OEM rocker bearing failure with one of these upgrade kits or using a aftermarket rocker?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Competition-Cam ... OK&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kevink

Post by kevink »

xcidmigs wrote:When you or anyone has done one of these big cams are you addressing the OEM rocker bearing failure with one of these upgrade kits or using a aftermarket rocker?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Competition-Cam ... OK&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Migs- When installing a cam, you definitely want to install a trunion kit. I would even install them in a stock application as the needle bearings have a tendency of coming out of the cages and destroying engines. There's a guy on the SS forum that had a relatively low mileage failure on a stock engine.

Whatever you do, don't get the Comp kit. There seems to be as many failures as installations. I would go with Straub, which gets rid of the needle bearings all together. CHE also makes a bushed kit, but it doesn't seem as nice as the Straub kit in my opinion. This is a big thread, but worth the read. The CHE kit is discussed near the end of the thread. Post #9 shows what happens with the Comp kits.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-ii ... -kits.html

The stock rockers are actually very strong, so there's no need to replace them in most situations.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

http://www.straubtechnologies.com/ls-bu ... nion-kits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does look good and just a slight cost increase to get rid of the bearings completely
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

Here's the dyno graph. Makes peak power at about 6250rpms
Attachments
IMG_2222.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 21381 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Any idea why the giant drop off at 6500? Are you using a stock type MAF?
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

That's where it shifted. I had mentioned in the first post HPtuners would no longer lock the car in 4th gear. So that was a 3rd gear pull and the dip is tbe car shifting in to 4th
Gnomestur

Post by Gnomestur »

How's your transmission handling the power. I recently did my dod delete,cam,intake,long tube to cutouts and am curious if you've had to add a cooler or anything like that.
Attachments
2019-02-27 18.18.17.jpg
2019-02-27 18.18.17.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 15965 times