2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Post Reply
Schul274
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Just thought I'd throw some pictures and details up on a build I did recently on my caprice.

I will try to update details later. Below are the parts I used:

Boost District - G8 LSA serpentine (6 rib) kit - doesn't seem to be on the site, but may still be available. This requires you to swap to the G8 water pump.
-$4500

BTR DOD kit
BTR Cam install Kit
BTR PSD Stage 1 cam kit (springs and pushrods)
-$1350

BTR trunion upgrade
-$130

Tune
-$TBD

Total time: ~32 Hours (this is my second LSA install)

Link to my other LSA build:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456603

I'm just going to dump the pictures. Descriptions to be added later.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

New Cam in:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Fast 85s injectors (replaced o rings):

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Schul274
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:39 pm

503 RWHP

s/c'd cav
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 am
Location: PHOENIX AZ

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by s/c'd cav » Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm

curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

did you get boost districts new larger heat exchanger ?

cerbomark
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 pm
Location: upstate NY

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by cerbomark » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Looks great! Nice pics too.
2016 C1

Schul274
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm

I went with the 6 rib setup because it was a little cheaper ( i think). I had done a 6 rib setup on my camaro when I did an lsa swap for it as well, so I was more familiar with it. We ended up having to buy the G8 water pump (since the kit needs the top rad hose inlet/outlet on the other side), so it probably would have been better to just go with an 8 rib setup.

We went with the base HX I think.
s/c'd cav wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm
curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

did you get boost districts new larger heat exchanger ?


s/c'd cav
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 am
Location: PHOENIX AZ

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by s/c'd cav » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Schul274 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm
I went with the 6 rib setup because it was a little cheaper ( i think). I had done a 6 rib setup on my camaro when I did an lsa swap for it as well, so I was more familiar with it. We ended up having to buy the G8 water pump (since the kit needs the top rad hose inlet/outlet on the other side), so it probably would have been better to just go with an 8 rib setup.

We went with the base HX I think.
s/c'd cav wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm
curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

did you get boost districts new larger heat exchanger ?
gotcha !

was hoping to hear you went with the upgraded larger one , i havent decided yet on his larger one , or doing a interchiller

either way the car is going to be a hell of alot of fun !

Schul274
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 am

[/quote]

gotcha !

was hoping to hear you went with the upgraded larger one , i havent decided yet on his larger one , or doing a interchiller

either way the car is going to be a hell of alot of fun !
[/quote]

If you're gonna push it, get the bigger cooler. This build was really targeted at 500-550 RWHP daily driver, which we hit the low end (mostly due to exhaust).

I know the guys running big power like to do the cooler upgrade and pump upgrades, but the smaller one is sufficient for putting around.

Groundczero
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Groundczero » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Looks and sounds nice, what is the exhaust setup that you did looking to do something similar.

Schul274
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Groundczero wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Looks and sounds nice, what is the exhaust setup that you did looking to do something similar.
It is a stock exhaust with Solo axle back muffler deletes.

Still has cats, resonators, pup mufflers, etc, just the rear mufflers deleted. It's very subtle. Quiet, but makes the right noises when you're on it.

Post Reply