Hood insulator

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Hood insulator

Post by Navy Lifer »

For anyone who may be interested, I'm in conversation with the local G8 group (in Atlanta) about getting some Caprice-specific hood insulators as part of a larger purchase, to make shipping from Australia easier. If the number of participants is large enough it may be better to do our own "GP" - the G8 insulator is no longer available, as I posted here:

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... rt=0#p8142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've actually asked CP whether he could include some Caprice panels in the same shipment with the G8 group's purchase, and I'm still waiting for his reply. Speak up if you would be interested--no specific cost quote, just need to find out how many could be shipped at once to make it most cost effective--realizing that there may be added shipping from Atlanta to (your) location, or some other delivery arrangement is set up.

The G8 panel has cutouts for the G8 hood "scoops" (fake), where the (Holden) Caprice insulator does not.

The other options might be to find a hood insulator source in the US that could make a custom panel--the G8 panel is good for a pattern, if that approach might be preferred--and could possibly include some sort of logo, whether a Bow Tie, crossed flags, or some other design.
leadfart

Re: Hood insulator

Post by leadfart »

I'd be interested in one.
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

Navy Lifer wrote: and I'm still waiting for his reply.
Your Email came in at 6 minutes prior to 2am, I'm sorry it wasn't answered within 2Hrs and 6 minutes.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Crazy Paul wrote:
Your Email came in at 6 minutes prior to 2am, I'm sorry it wasn't answered within 2Hrs and 6 minutes.
Come on Paul step it up I am sure you only get a few emails a day. :lol:
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Crazy Paul wrote:
It wasn't intended to be taken in that way--it was simply a means of informing everyone who opened and read my post that I was anticipating a response and would update once I had heard from him (you). Nothing more--never meant for it to be taken in a different way.

That said, here's the deal--straight from CP:

(quote)
The underhood insulator to suit Holden flat (no-nostril hood) VE or WM costs US$40 more than the version to suit Pontiac G8.

We’ve established that the most economical Qty of insulators to ship to a single address is 3 or multiples of 3.

The standard Holden box that 1 insulator comes in can be re-used to safely ship 3 bundled together…..inside the single box.

I’d highly recommend that if YOU want more than one then it’s best that YOU shoot for 3 shipped to your own address.

Under hood Flat Insulator (VE or WM) & Fasteners

Insulator Part Number 92253504 US$98ea
Qty 5 currently in Perth, more avail from Melb in 9 days.

Fasteners Part Number 92139057 US$1ea Qty 14 req. per Insulator = US$14 Qty 900 in Perth

Parts = US$112 per car.

QTY 1 Car

Parts US$112
UPS Air to USA US$160

Pay to C.P. US$272

+ UPS fee at your door US$11 (Your Total Cost US$283)

QTY 2 Cars

Parts US$112x2 = US$224
UPS Air to USA US$160

Pay to C.P. US$384

+ UPS fee at your door US$13 (Your Total Cost US$397 = US$198.50 per car)

QTY 3 Cars

Parts US$112x3 = US$336
UPS Air to USA US$160

Pay to C.P. US$496

+ UPS fee at your door US$15 (Your Total Cost US$511 = US$170.33 per car) <<<best deal available

I’ve extended this calculation out further for more and more cars and it doesn’t get any better than 3 cars……if done for 12 cars it still works out at no better than the US$170 per car figure shown above.
(unquote)

So, it comes down to an ideal situation pricing of $170 plus whatever it would cost to forward the insulator to the ultimate destination--the option for a single insulator is $283 to your door.

Thanks CP--we'll see how the response goes and see if there's interest. Too bad the Holden Caprice part costs more than the G8 version. And what about WN (2014+)--is the insulator different?
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

I'm in, depending on total price to my door.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

OK, in order to do this, as pointed out, the best way is to ship 3 insulators to a single delivery point. I'm willing to take that on for as many who want the insulator. It's not a matter of making any money for me--I get one for $170, the other 2 get shipped to other addresses at cost (in US).

I've asked CP for some details on package size and weight for a single pack so forwarding cost can be calculated.

Those that want in, please send me a valid delivery address (PM or e-mail) and I'll do the calculations on each individual shipment, based on the info CP provides.

When I've got that done and you're still "in", it will be a matter of sending CP the $170 for your insulator, and you'll pay me separately once the shipment arrives from Australia for your shipping cost from me to your location,
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

[quote="Navy Lifer]And what about WN (2014+)--is the insulator different?[/quote]
Navy Lifer wrote:it will be a matter of sending CP the $170 for your insulator, and you'll pay me separately once the shipment arrives from Australia for your shipping cost from me to your location,
Same Insulator and same fasteners for all flat hood VE & E1 Series HSV cars, Caprice WM 2011-2013, and Caprice WN 2014+

Nope.
only US$165ea gets sent to me
The guy receiving the Internationally shipped bundle of 3 insulators (from UPS there in USA) will need the 3 lots of $5ea = $15 to give to the UPS delivery man.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

thanks for the clarification!

I'll be moving this into the GP section, once I figure it all out!
elc32955
System Manager

Hood insulator

Post by elc32955 »

Moved from CP's subforum.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.