Group Purchase - Fog Light Bezels (Chrome Trim)

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Group Purchase - Fog Light Bezels (Chrome Trim)

Post by smwalker »

Thought I would attempt a group buy for us on the Fog Light Bezels that have the chrome trim. Found a Holden dealer that gave me a good price as long as I bought 5 pair. With shipping and insurance cannot offer substantial savings over what CP use to offer but it might work out well.

These will fit 2011 and up Caprices. They are the black bases with the chrome trim.

Assuming the exchange rate stays constant total cost for them landed to me in CA is about US$148.00 for the set.
Then shipping to other parts of the US would seem to range between $9.00 - $12.00.

For this purchase I have to limit the number of participants to 5 in order to avoid going over the import tax duty threshold.

So the first 5 people that send me $160.00 will have a pair reserved for them. Personal Checks are fine. If sending paypal please include some extra (3%??) to cover the PayPal fees. Reply here or send me an email letting me know payment is on the way.

The bezels will be fully insured at each step of shipment to me (although they tell me claims take a while) and only the actual cost will be charged. Any overage amount paid to me will be refunded once final US shipping cost to your door are known. Insurance for the final leg to your door would be up to you and may incur an additional fee. A full accounting will be provided upon request. Shipment time to the US should be no more than a week once parts are paid for.

Paypal to: ppvsteve@gmail.com

I plan to offer the following items for sale along with the bezels that you can combine the shipping on but we can discuss these items individually once the bezels arrive:
Fog Bulb Harness - $15.00
Relay Harness - $30.00
Headlamp Switch W/ Fog light Provision - $30.00
(With White LED's - Black or gray Face, need to send me your stock non fog switch if you want a gray face replacement)
Read more about the installation of these item here to see if t is something you want to tackle: Fog Light Wiring How To
Also included with the above would be a wire with the correct terminals from the headlight switch to the police upfitter harness and the under hood upfitter harness plug if you are missing it. Also Misc hardware to mount and connect all the items will be included.

The actual fog light capsules that mount behind the bezels I will leave up to you to obtain. They are available from GM in the US if you want to stay factory and there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives as well (About half the cost to factory). Read some more about that here: Adding Fog Lights to the Caprice

Deadline: This GP will stay open till November 17th, if we fail to get the number of participants we need all monies will be refunded.
I will update this post with members names as I get their payment and or reservation.

Reservations:
1. gpz750 - paid
2. Holden_buff - Paid
3. Holden_buff - Paid
4. Pursuit - Paid
5. krabykarl - Paid

OK it's on folks, Parts ordered will update you with shipping as I get it.

Image Image

Please post up any questions or concerns you have. Thanks!
Last edited by smwalker on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
gpz750

Re: Group Purchase - Fog Light Bezels (Chrome Trim)

Post by gpz750 »

Paypal sent
Holden_buff

Post by Holden_buff »

Paypal sent X2

Also interested in group buys for side markers.

You should only have to pay extra for PayPal IF you choose "Pay for goods or services" rather than "Send money to friends and family". PayPal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

This is the easiest way to do the math, however: http://thefeecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2011 Chevy Caprice PPV X 2
2006 Pontiac GTO
2009 Honda Civic Si
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Sign me up for a set, please. Payment sent.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

One More spot left!! Thanks guys for the quick payments.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Holden_buff

Post by Holden_buff »

Thank you for lining up a group buy!
2011 Chevy Caprice PPV X 2
2006 Pontiac GTO
2009 Honda Civic Si
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

My Pleasure, Now who's gonna get the last set?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
krabykarl

Post by krabykarl »

I'm in getting ready to Paypal the funds now.
Karl Breslaw
2014 Caprice 9C1, 6L
2010 Challenger SRT, 6.1L Auto
2005 GMC Savanna, 4.8L
1963 Nova Convertible, 350/TH200 4R
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Got it Karl! Thanks! Will send you some instructions to your email.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

On the way :

AUS Post Tracking

Total Landed cost came to $141.65 a set. Better than expected with the help of the good exchange rate. So depending on shipping costs to each of your doors should see a bit of a refund when all is said and done. For those of you buying the relays and harness from me I will apply the refund towards your final bill for those items.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White