New GP Coordinator needed - call for volunteer(s)

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

New GP Coordinator needed - call for volunteer(s)

Post by elc32955 »

Folks,

Lots of you have expressed interest in more opportunities for Group Purchases here on the NewCaprice system. We're working with Karo of Holden Parts USA now on some initial buys, but I know that we still need to step up to the plate & get more active to better serve you.

Long story short, NavyLifer has expressed a desire to step back from his GP coordinator role for a while due to multiple issues he has going. So, I'm putting out a call for any volunteer(s) that would like to take the lead on Group Purchase coordination for our system. You'd be responsible for figuring out what people want GP's on, finding sources for the requested product(s) - naturally with assistance from any of us as needed, working with vendor(s) to get our members the best prices, and the additional EMAIL and occasional phone legwork necessary to insure everything goes smoothly with the GP process. And also moderating the GP forum section here. This does not mean that you have to stockpile any inventory in your garage or incur any personal out-of-pocket expense.

We're still a relatively small group of owners (considering the size of some of the bigger forums) and we are very lucky that the system is able to deliver a good level of service to our members. This is one area that I can say I haven't done my best at yet, but since we're growing I'd like to rectify that going forward. If you're interested in participating, drop me an EMAIL and we can talk further. I'm going to sticky this topic until we fill this slot.

Thanks!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New GP Coordinator needed - call for volunteer(s)

Post by elc32955 »

BUMP!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks!

Well, it's been almost a year now since I advertised for a new GP coordinator and no one has stepped up to the plate. This is my last stab at trying to find a new GP coordinator, consider this the final BUMP for this request. If no one volunteers in the next few weeks, I will move out the already-posted items to appropriate sub-forums and repurpose the section. This would be a shame as there is plenty of potential for GP's now with our cars. I would very much appreciate someone stepping up and taking point on this as the members would very much like some new GP opportunities!

Thanks
Eric
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I will just mention the one attempt I made at it went very well with the fog light bezels. I was looking into doing some repeaters as well but for 5 sets it got over the $600 mark and that is the magic number when it comes to Taxes and Import duties for the US and AU. Of course the way around that is just to claim a lower amount for the declaration but then that lower amount is all you can insure the package for. I tried looking for third part insurers that would not depend on the declaration amount but the few I found that would do it were prohibitively expensive.

The other option is just getting everyone to agree up front that there will be no insurance on the parts and they may loose their money on the deal if the package gets lost. While I would feel confident in drawing up a contract to stipulate that, if it ever really happened I would feel like Crap.

And really I does not seem like there is a lot of pent up demand for stuff. Everyone seems to be getting thier own stuff on thier own at pretty good prices. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

And if you have not been to HoldenpartsUSA.com in a while Karo has added a PPV section, little sparce at the moment but hopefully will be filling up as he gets requests.

If I come across a good deal in the future I will not hesitate to post up the details and get a group buy in as long as I can stay under the $600 mark. Don't need my taxes messed up for my hobby.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Vikingking111

Post by Vikingking111 »

Hey Guys & Gals,

So, I might be willing to be the Group Purchase Lead:

I own a 2011 6.0l PPV & am loving it. I also used to be involved in purchasing parts for GE in the appliance and aerospace divisions; so I should be able to help out with some group buys. On the downside I own a successful small business, and therefore only have limited time. Sometimes I will have solid time to invest, other times I WILL DISAPPEAR FOR WEEKS. I'm also a very picky professional engineer and master automotive technician so If I do this - it will be right.

What do you all think?

Vikingking111
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Sounds good to me, I think we need to talk via PM. Thanks very much for stepping up!

Eric