Group buy on spoilers, fog lights, side indicators, skirts..

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
PPV

Group buy on spoilers, fog lights, side indicators, skirts..

Post by PPV »

I have been talking with Karo of HoldenpartsUSA.com and he is willing to bring in the popular parts people want for the PPV. As most all of us know shipping from Australia is the issue to overcome so the more of us who want parts it will spread the sipping cost out. Of course without knowing the cost it's hard to commit but he indicated he would be fair. So here goes please respond if you are interested in any of the following and add items I may have missed.

• Rear Deck/Trunk Spoilers
• Fog lights
• Side Indicators
• Statesmen Side Rocke Skirts
• Side Chrome Trim Strips
• Hood insulators
• Trunk lid carpet
He already stocks leather steering wheels.

Please list items you are interested in so he can gauge how many of each item to order which will bring the cost down for all.
Last edited by PPV on Tue May 17, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1970 SS454 Monte Carlo - triple black
1971 SS454 Monte Carlo - Red w/ black gut & top
1970 Convertible Mont Carlo - Sold
1968 K10 short wheel base
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
2013 CTS-V Coupe Silver Frost Matte Eddition
2017 SS - PBM - M6 - Roof - Sold
2019 Silverado 1500 - LTZ 6.2
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Group buy on spoilers, fog lights, side indicators, skir

Post by elc32955 »

I've asked him to come up with some pricing on Holden WM Caprice spoilers for a potential group purchase (initial ten count), so we'll see what happens with that one as far as pricing, interest, shipping, delivery when I get some initial numbers back.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Awesome, thank you! I won't be missing this opportunity.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
PPV

Post by PPV »

Sounds good but please list items you are interested in so he can gauge how many of each item to order which will bring the cost down for all.

I personally am looking to get a spoiler, fog lights and rocker skirts.

What do you would want to buy for your PPV?
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Glad to see someone picking up the ball here--I've got both hands full dealing with my own situation (medical and selling 2nd home) that I don't believe I would be able to adequately do the task justice.

several things come to mind:

1. here's the opportunity for a shipment of hood insulators that properly fit the Caprice - and the G8 insulator is no longer available in US.

2. while it is possible to use the G8 trunk lid "carpet", the Holden Caprice part will be better--the problem with shipping this part from Australia will be the size of the box per individual part--but it should be possible to nest 5 or more of them together into a single package instead of individual boxes.
G8 part: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92171583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - appears to still be available, but for how long and how many are still available are relevant questions, as I'm fairly confident there won't be any more of this PN re-stocking to US inventory, which is currently in Lansing only.

3. for fogs, make sure everyone understands (including Karo) which version is desired--they're offered in chrome or black

also be aware that the lamp assemblies can be purchased here (US), as they were common usage items with several domestic models:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/94708773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/94708774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some links to past threads/discussions:
fog light info (there are multiple threads—this is probably the best place to start)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

non-fog chrome bezels - another option if fogs aren't in your wheelhouse
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

carpet – trunk lid
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

PPV wrote:Sounds good but please list items you are interested in so he can gauge how many of each item to order which will bring the cost down for all.

I personally am looking to get a spoiler, fog lights and rocker skirts.

What do you would want to buy for your PPV?
Well, Eric mentioned that he would be gauging interest in what item once he got prices and availability info, but since you asked, I'd be REALLY interested in the boot spoiler. I'm also kind of interested in the side indicators, but want to look into their potential fragility first. I've read some not-so-good reviews about the OEM and replacement items getting cracked lenses with age.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
PPV

Post by PPV »

Greg, Here is a link to Karo's (Holdenparteusa.com) introduction. He only deals in original Holden parts direct from GM so the side markers won't be the cheap aftermarket ones people have had issue with.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Navy Lifer, Great info as always. Forgot about the trunk liner and hood insulators. I'll add them to the list above.
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

FWIW, the side skirts/rocker panels were discussed previously here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't recall that I ever posted before & after pictures....

The "squared-off" section, behind the front wheel(s), like G8/Commodore/SS, is the main difference--it was to create a line with the nose as used in the Holden Caprice/Statesman. The ME Caprice SS was where I originally noticed the difference between PPV & other trim variants of the Caprice.

Not sure if any of these have ever been brought to the US other than the 2 sets that Scott Walker & I got several years ago. We thought we'd have an exclusive club with these, since no one else stepped up at the time we got them!

Another thing you might want to add to the list is the Commodore SS lower grille insert to fit the lower opening of the Caprice front fascia--sorry, I don't know where the PN is unless it happens to be in the writeup.
Karo

Post by Karo »

Navy Lifer - I have 2 of those G8 hood liners / insulators sitting in my warehouse right now. They are for 2 local friends that needed them for their cars and I brought them in. Box size is not small at all. I'll get exact dimensions tomorrow when I get back to the warehouse at 5am.
Thanks,
Karo (Just like a car, but add an O at the end of it... Car-O)
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Thanks PPV and Karo for breathing life back into this! I'm still interested in 2 hood insulator kits, but first we would need cost information.

Previous thread about this subject indicated it was not cost effective. Worth a revisit?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.