Trailer hitch

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
camrat68

Re: Trailer hitch

Post by camrat68 »

EagleCo-Which hitch did you pick up?

Any chance you'd be willing to pull some measurements so that I can try to build a custom one like philofab did?

I need the width between mounting holes both side to side as well as front to back, top to bottom height of the hitch, and distance from front mounting hole to the end of the receiver opening. If not-Cool. I have two cars and can order a hitch to measure if needed.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Yes, I can get measurements and pics before I install. My harness shipped via Amazon Prime so I'll do the install what it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Thank you VERY much!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Did you have any luck finding that most precious commodity--TIME?

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Not yet. I should have had it done last weekend but it's looking like tomorrow now.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Understood. Thanks!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

Any update on this?
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I don't have a decent image hosting site but I can say the install process is one of the easiest I've ever done. The only thing you have to do is pickup 2 more bolts. I've got a few pics but nowhere to upload them. The hitch I got is part number 92196009 and it fits like a glove. Conveniently my car is a 2011 so I had the indented section to cut out for the hitch.
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

Where did you get your hitch? I can see the part number from the pictures found earlier in this thread. It looks like shipping from Australia is a nightmare though.

Also, what is everyone doing for increased spring support? I know with my wheels I will rub if I lose much clearance.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Nothing yet. My wife towed our 1300lb safe on a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer about 1200 miles to Indiana with no issues. We also had the trunk loaded with most of the safe contents. It rode low, but never rubbed or scraped. The suspension and tires are stock though.

I picked up the hitch from someone in the U.S. who offered to bring my hitch over (and discovered I was the victim of a bait and switch by an Australian junkyard. MAKE SURE they give you pictures of the hitch first. I should have realized something was up when they wouldn't give me pics but I was impatient.