Techline Connect / SPS2 - E4398: No supported calibrations found

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Techline Connect / SPS2 - E4398: No supported calibrations found

Post by elc32955 »

Hmmmm... Maybe we should try reaching out to the Fleet Program Manager that is still responsible for supporting the Caprice product. Agencies still have 14-17 cars in-service, and I can't imagine that no one has tried to program vehicles amongst their fleet customers (although I could be wrong) since this software migration has been pushed out. From my perspective, this puts GM smack dab in conflict with it's support commitment on these cars.

Thoughts? From my years of govt. experience it is push from multiple sources that gets attention the fastest... albeit in a friendly manner as much as possible.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

The Techline guy called back. Apparently he can open my subscription to include the old SPS, or something like that. The subscription is activated and I'll be back in town on Wednesday to give it a try. It's not urgent or anything, but it would be nice to get it programmed the way I want.
Joe
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I finally got my BCM set up properly. It took another 2 hours on the phone with GM, but I was able to get it done. The lady on the phone says she was not aware of an effort to get this fixed, but I'm hoping it doesn't stay like this forever. This would be a pain in the butt for anyone that had a good sized fleet of them.
I had to relearn the brake pedal position sensor, and oddly enough the only tool in my fleet that would do it was the GDS. I'll have to get Snap-on to add that function. It's in there for every other model that I've ever checked, but the 2014+ Caprices are not.
Joe
rcg530

Post by rcg530 »

JoeR wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:11 pm I finally got my BCM set up properly. It took another 2 hours on the phone with GM, but I was able to get it done. The lady on the phone says she was not aware of an effort to get this fixed, but I'm hoping it doesn't stay like this forever. This would be a pain in the butt for anyone that had a good sized fleet of them.
I had to relearn the brake pedal position sensor, and oddly enough the only tool in my fleet that would do it was the GDS. I'll have to get Snap-on to add that function. It's in there for every other model that I've ever checked, but the 2014+ Caprices are not.
Joe
If they haven't fixed the E4398 error programming while programming the 2014-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV BCM by now, I doubt they will. I've been told each time that "it's only a matter of time before this is fixed". That does not appear to be true.

The work around is having the ACDelco Techline Connect support rep make a connection to your computer and the support rep uses their user account with privileges to run the older SPS instead of SPS2.

As you mentioned, you do need to run the brake pedal position relearn procedure after the BCM is programmed. I've been able to execute that function with an Autel MaxiSys MS906 and a Thinkcar ThinkDiag scan tool.

It was much easier when I was still able to run SPS instead of SPS2.

My video of updating the BCM using the older SPS product:

https://youtu.be/1AB_Hu9wT38
2014 Chevy Caprice PPV | RetroCarGuy530 YouTube Channel
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Nice video.
They didn't remote into my pc. They just made the old SPS subscription available again, and I programmed the BCM like we used to do it. It was a smooth process once we got through to someone, but it was another 2 hour wait to make it happen.
Joe