Diablosport trinity 2 in cabin tuner

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
gatorbait

Diablosport trinity 2 in cabin tuner

Post by gatorbait »

Hey guys I'm looking for a lil info .bought this tuner after talking with the head of engineering at diablo they told me I needed the T2 paid a pretty steep price for it .went to hook it up no OBD2 port or there is 1 above the break peddle but only has 7 live pins in it is there a OBD2 port behind the center console .or am I going to have to find another type of cable ? Or just send it back and eat the restock fee ?
My car is a 2011 with 60,000 on the odo.
s/c'd cav

Re: Diablosport trinity 2 in cabin tuner

Post by s/c'd cav »

do not understand your question !!

there is only 1 obd2 port , and yes it only has a few wires in it

so not sure what your issue is
gatorbait

Post by gatorbait »

My issue is I'm not getting connection with the tuner just wondering if there was another behind the radio or center console before I start tearing things apart ?
gatorbait

Post by gatorbait »

I spoke with the engineering manager at diablo and they assured me that this tuner would work since I'm not getting connection I was wondering if maybe these cars had another input port but I'm beginning to think that my problem is with the Diablo tuner itself and not supporting the caprice ppv .
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

No other interface port that I know of. My hp tuners functions through the standard obd port under the drivers side dash. Maybe plug in a simple obd scanner and see if it communicates. I did have a similar issue on my brothers tahoe and it ended up being a blown fuse.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

is the tuner powering up ? if not it could be a blown fuse

personally im not a big fan of handheld tuners , hpt or efi live do so much , but in the same line they can fudge up even more if you arent sure what you are doing with it
gatorbait

Post by gatorbait »

Ya it's powering up it starts to make a copy of the current setting then flashes unknown error all my trouble lights come on the info center starts rolling through all the errors and the car won't start I unplug everything shut the car off wait a min turn the key and it fires right up and runs just as good as it always has .I think diablo broke one off in me .I'll be hounding them till I figure out what's up .they have a forum site and there are several engineers in there saying flat out they don't support caprice ppv 🤬
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

Is it possible that this car was tuned before? Some shops lock the ecu when they are done. Shady practice in my opinion but it does occur often.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift