Anybody have a service manual?

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
Solardude

Anybody have a service manual?

Post by Solardude »

I am looking fort he location of the Rcdlr module and also the tdm module. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that it's in the trunk of the g8 but I couldn't find it in the Caprice. Thanks
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Anybody have a service manual?

Post by elc32955 »

Josh,

I've got the 2011 Helm set on the Caprice, but not for the 2012. Don't think there's a whole lot of difference though. Give me a call and we can look through the manual....

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

The RCDL module is under the package shelf trim panel inside the cabin.

My mind isn't working correct. What is the TDM module?
-Greg
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

I believe it is the theft deterrent module. I am trying to get my remote start working correctly. I can't find a local dealer that is willing to help out so I am having to send parts to Chris White to finish the rest of the setup. Just trying to cover all my bases.
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

The TDM module is part of the steering column
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

radrace19 wrote:The TDM module is part of the steering column
I don't think thats it Greg its programmable and looks like a box IIRC.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

That is what GM is calling the TDM. Hmmm
I'll look some more
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

From the service manual
Theft Deterrent Module (TDM)
Vehicles with steering column mounted ignition switches have the exciter integral with the theft deterrent module (TDM), which is located within the steering column. The TDM can learn up to 10 keys (transponder values).

The TDM uses the following inputs:

•Battery voltage
•Ignition switched voltage
•Ground circuit
The theft deterrent control module uses the following outputs:

•Password exchange
•Challenge/response with the engine control module (ECM)
When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition is switched ON, the transponder embedded in the head of the key is energized by the exciter coils surrounding the ignition lock cylinder. The energized transponder transmits a signal that contains its unique value, which is received by the TDM. The TDM then compares this value to the learned key code stored in memory. The TDM then performs one of the following functions:

•If the transponder value matches the values stored in the TDM memory, the TDM will send the prerelease password to the ECM via the serial data circuit.
•If the transponders unique value does not match the value stored in the TDM, the TDM will send the fuel disable message to the ECM via the serial data circuit.
•If the TDM is unable to measure the ignition key transponder value, the TDM will not send any messages to the ECM.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

radrace19 wrote:From the service manual
Theft Deterrent Module (TDM)
Vehicles with steering column mounted ignition switches have the exciter integral with the theft deterrent module (TDM), which is located within the steering column. The TDM can learn up to 10 keys (transponder values).

The TDM uses the following inputs:

•Battery voltage
•Ignition switched voltage
•Ground circuit
The theft deterrent control module uses the following outputs:

•Password exchange
•Challenge/response with the engine control module (ECM)
When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition is switched ON, the transponder embedded in the head of the key is energized by the exciter coils surrounding the ignition lock cylinder. The energized transponder transmits a signal that contains its unique value, which is received by the TDM. The TDM then compares this value to the learned key code stored in memory. The TDM then performs one of the following functions:

•If the transponder value matches the values stored in the TDM memory, the TDM will send the prerelease password to the ECM via the serial data circuit.
•If the transponders unique value does not match the value stored in the TDM, the TDM will send the fuel disable message to the ECM via the serial data circuit.
•If the TDM is unable to measure the ignition key transponder value, the TDM will not send any messages to the ECM.
In holden land its called an Immobilizer, same module? thats REALLY strange...
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

92262410 GM full retail $201
I detect some theft.