Product BETA Tester NEEDED - Please Read Post for Full Info

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
HAlfLife

Product BETA Tester NEEDED - Please Read Post for Full Info

Post by HAlfLife »

(Hopefully this is the right Forum section)

Haven't posted here in a while but wanted to reach out to the group to see if anyone in the Bowling Green, KY / Nashville, TN area has a '14-'17 Caprice PPV w/ a 6.0 engine they would allow me to test a product on. It is an existing product made by a friend/coworker originally intended for Camaros with an E38 ECU to allow you to add a Holley EFI ECU (Terminator X, HP/Dominator) and retain the factory gauges without significant modification to wiring, dash, etc. This process would be very minimally invasive and would mainly only require time on someone's part.

Currently I have tested it on '11-'13 (including my personal 2013) and it works as it should, '14-'17 should be a breeze since the ECU is more accessible (earlier gen are a PITA) but just want to verify there are no hiccups or unwanted issues with some of the changes that occurred between the 2 generations. My car is currently running on a Terminator X Max ECU with all factory gauges working, still ironing out a couple of very minor things that are mostly nitpicky (but that's my own doing). While the product is intended to be used on a performance/race build where someone is wanting to add a Holley ECU for flexibility/tuning/expanded capabilities over a stock ECU I would prefer a stock/mild (read mostly stock) application as this is mainly just verifying function of the factory gauges. Unfortunately I can't waste a bunch of extra time trying to deal with a radical application (plus I already have a functioning tune that should be damn close to start and move :D ).

I would like to try and accomplish this in the next few weeks as my friend is planning on making an update and including additional supported vehicles near the end of January. If this sounds like something you are interested in let me know and we can work out the details.
2013 9C1 - Daily Driver
My Other Piles of Junk
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ - Temporary RIP
1995 Dakota Sport
1983 Monte Carlo SS - Current Turbo LS Project
1989 Mustang - Future Project

Holley EFI
HAlfLife

Re: Product BETA Tester NEEDED - Please Read Post for Full Info

Post by HAlfLife »

To add to this it would only be temporarily installed and will not affect the OEM ECU at all, once reinstalled it will not need to be reflashed, etc. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to ship for someone to install at home, would need to be someone local to allow me to do the install and just verify everything. Some sort of compensation for time/fuel could possibly be worked out as well.
2013 9C1 - Daily Driver
My Other Piles of Junk
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ - Temporary RIP
1995 Dakota Sport
1983 Monte Carlo SS - Current Turbo LS Project
1989 Mustang - Future Project

Holley EFI