PPV Question

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
Caprice Cop

PPV Question

Post by Caprice Cop »

I have a 2013 PPV and the bluetooth, map, nav. etc must have been deleted from the factory because none of them are available. Is there anyway to get them active again?
Are these radios compatible with a back up camera if I installed one?
Thanks.
G-Money713

Re: PPV Question

Post by G-Money713 »

almost everything can be added by Chris White. http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I did that upgrade 3 weeks ago, what a giant PIA to get radio box out of dash! otherwise all functions except the nav work now. I did add my own rear camera from a generic ebay kit and made the cable for that with parts another guy here sells. The USB/ipod front input cable I still have to piece together. But for the $250 its a very nice upgrade just a shame they cheaped out to begin with.
Caprice Cop

Post by Caprice Cop »

What do I need to do the upgrade???
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

You need to take your "silver Box" out from behind the radio and a/c face plate and send it to Chris white for programming. Some diagrams and pics in this thread:

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep in mind you will not have A/C or heat while the silver box is being programmed.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
SuperDutyDave

Post by SuperDutyDave »

I had Chris do my programming on my IQ box.

Turned out awesome....Bluetooth full function etc. iPod interface etc. just wish I had added the rear camera input prior to reinstall.

Quick turn around by Chris

Only issue is total pain in ass to remove good chance to break stuff.

Honestly having dealership remove it wasn't a bad deal as they own anything they break. Just get a committed price upfront
Dave AKA "SuperDuty"

2013 9C1 Caprice PPV

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500-HD 4X4 ext-cab

2009 Deere 5525 4WD Full Cab Tractor

2010 Harley Davidaon Road Glide

Tax Payer Paid Chevy Pickup and 400 HP Patrol Boat
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

Just got my PPV (2013) and I would like to know more about what this programming actually adds to the car.

I have the buttons which do nothing right now but would like to read what is possible with the programming. can anybody point to more info?

Thanks,
Jeff

1996 Caprice LT1 B4U - Sold - So long my friend - it was a great 17 years!
2001 Silverado LS 3500 DuraMax Dually 4x4
2004 Suburban 2500 6.0L 4x4
2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

There are some youtube videos that show it I will see if I can round them up. But pretty much you can play music via blue tooth and if there is a MIC hooked up (some cars did not get it) you can accept calls.

Pluggin in an audio source you wil need a cable. There is a thread on that on here with a solution I believe. Just starting to look into this as well as I took my unit out today and am going to send it off for programming. I Got to get the cables figured out.

One Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erg4FgL8Kvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White