Driver side spotlight wireing

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
Capeasy

Driver side spotlight wireing

Post by Capeasy »

I'm not sure if this is the norm but I want to re-install a spot light on the A pillar in the original drilled hole but was wondering if I need to pull a new power source from the fuse panel or hope that the original wire is still stuffed in the sealed over hole?
Also does the wire need to be exposed or does it conceal in the shaft somehow?
Thanks
Walt
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Driver side spotlight wireing

Post by smwalker »

You should already have an orange wire in each "A" pillar from the fuse box. From the factory there is a single cavity connector on there (delphi 150 series if I remember correctly). BUt they may have just cut it off. Looks Like like this just with no blue wire connected to it:

I you have no 12 volts at the orange wire they may have removed the fuse in the underhood fuse box. FOrget what they are labeled??? SEO?? There are 2 one for left and one for right spotlights.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Thank you Steve, I will open it up once the light arrives to check for the wire and if its hot.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Labeled SPOT LAMP LT (left)in underhood fuse block. 15 amp
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
K3vofficial

Post by K3vofficial »

Not to hijack the thread, but did you find spot light used or buy new somewhere? Im looking to put one back in its place. it would be nice to put the tape off and put it back in its place.