Wig Wag removal

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
FzCobra

Wig Wag removal

Post by FzCobra »

How do I temporarily remove the Wig Wag module? It appears to be attached with rivet looking things. I need it out of the way so I can access the back of the headlight on the passenger side.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
FzCobra

Re: Wig Wag removal

Post by FzCobra »

This is the rivet looking thing.
Attachments
WigWag00.jpg
WigWag00.jpg (180.71 KiB) Viewed 16572 times
-Rob
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just get about a 1/4 inch drill bit and start drilling on the rivet. Don't have to go all the way through it the drill bit sort of separates the rivet ring from the shaft after about 10 seconds.

Here is three ways:
THis guy went allt he way through on the drill but you dont have to do that. just enough for the ring to seperate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG5plvIy3wk
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Thanks for the quick reply Steve. I've decided I can get to the headlight bulb without removing.
-Rob
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

DO you have your wigwags hooked up? If not yo can actually remove that module and just get the harness back to stock. Onle less thing to fail in the line. If you unplug the modules two plugs all you do is plug in the two connectors on the car into one another and you are back to stock. Just FYI
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Ok,thanks for the FYI. I actually have it hooked up and wired to a toggle switch, and I like having it, lol.
-Rob