Acceptable emergency equipment to leave/use on your Caprice

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
gregc

Re: Acceptable emergency equipment to leave/use on your Capr

Post by gregc »

toyguy5538 wrote:I think the 9C3 center console is the same as a Pontiac G8, and there are several available in salvage yards. Use Car-Part.com and search for them in your area. I think you'll need to change the shifter mechanism also, and maybe the cable if it's a different length.
Most of the G8 Console is the same. The part of the console that is different is the plate that surrounds the shifter. You also need a 9C3 parking brake cable, radio bracket and a fascia that surrounds the AC controls. It's not an easy swap. It took a year of collecting parts to do mine.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

gregc wrote:
toyguy5538 wrote: It took a year of collecting parts to do mine.
Greg are you complete with yours? I remember you had some shift programming to do and some minor details to finalize. Is it finally to your liking? Would love to see a final write up with some pictures!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
gregc

Post by gregc »

smwalker wrote:
gregc wrote:
toyguy5538 wrote: It took a year of collecting parts to do mine.
Greg are you complete with yours? I remember you had some shift programming to do and some minor details to finalize. Is it finally to your liking? Would love to see a final write up with some pictures!!
I never got my BCM reprogrammed. The wiring harness that goes to the shifter on a 9c3 is pinned differently than a 9c1. I also had to reroute the window switches from the door to the console. I never use the manual upshift downshift anyway, so that isn't functional right now. I forgot to mention that the front door panels I had to acquire from a G8, so the fronts don't match the rears.