Flasher module

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
Sanford

Re: Flasher module

Post by Sanford »

What year car do you have?
Dudzikzzz

Post by Dudzikzzz »

elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Here's the text from the 2014 Caprice Technical Manual on your surveillance mode question.
Surveillance Mode is a standard feature in the Caprice Police vehicle. The
Surveillance Mode circuit is terminated in cavity 1 of the 16 cavity upfitter connector
P277, located at the passenger side front of the equipment mounting platform.
When Surveillance Mode is activated by applying a ground to the White/Violet wire
in cavity 1
, all automatic lighting functions are suppressed.
Hope that answers your question. Again, this information is all available from our files section for free download. Forum threads also discuss this and can be retrieved via either the system search function or externally via Google search.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Dudzikzzz

Post by Dudzikzzz »

Everything works! Thank you very much for your help!
DirtNapPat

Post by DirtNapPat »

I am looking to get mine working...but the connectors are missing and I am not sure what bundle is what with the P277 and P278.
Is there a schematic or something showing what all these wires do? I coudlnt locate the dark green wire cause there is a couple. And I could not find the white/violet wire either for surveillance mode
Forums> Facebook Groups....always

"The day you die is just like any other, only shorter." ..Samuel Beckett