Kerr/Soundoff Signal Module - Stock Wigwag Issue [Solved]

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
Fudgehog

Kerr/Soundoff Signal Module - Stock Wigwag Issue [Solved]

Post by Fudgehog »

The only way I can describe this is a ballast or relay of some sort perhaps. Anyway, what is it?
Attachments
IMG_20170921_165426.jpg
IMG_20170921_165426.jpg (318.28 KiB) Viewed 17777 times
Last edited by Fudgehog on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Kerr Equipment - Googled and couldn't find it.

Post by smwalker »

THink that is your Wig Wag module. You find it under the hood by the headlight? They cut the wires off right at it, when you could have just unplugged it. All your lights working OK?

Looks to be a Soundoff Signal Product relabled by Kerr:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDOFF-SIGNAL ... Sw~rpZTD-B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

smwalker wrote:THink that is your Wig Wag module. You find it under the hood by the headlight? They cut the wires off right at it, when you could have just unplugged it. All your lights working OK?

Looks to be a Soundoff Signal Product relabled by Kerr:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDOFF-SIGNAL ... Sw~rpZTD-B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My lights are working absolutely fine, if you mean the police lights those aren't hooked up obviously lol. They could have just unplugged it you're right. Maybe I'll have to buy a new module so I can use those lights.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

the one on ebay will work fine. You will just unplug the headlight harness up by the fuse box and plug that module in line with the headlight harness. Then the activation wires should be the green and red wire inside on your up fitters harness. Just give that 12 volts with a switch and you be wig waggin like a mo fo.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Re: Kerr Equipment - Wigwag Module.

Post by Fudgehog »

smwalker wrote:the one on ebay will work fine. You will just unplug the headlight harness up by the fuse box and plug that module in line with the headlight harness. Then the activation wires should be the green and red wire inside on your up fitters harness. Just give that 12 volts with a switch and you be wig waggin like a mo fo.
Wow thanks man! Much appreciated! Which harness are you referring to with up fitters? Let me take a picture, if I'm right I think the harness your referring to is still unclipped and just sitting there.

That Kerr wire shield you see in the background leads to where that was mounted before I tore it off and is cut in one place showing four small wires, the other end of it is going into the depths below the headlamp and doesn't just pull up.

I ordered that, thanks. Delivery by the end of the month!
Attachments
IMG_20170922_035106.jpg
IMG_20170922_035106.jpg (366.55 KiB) Viewed 17770 times

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Kerr Equipment - Wigwag Module

Post by smwalker »

That 4 wire connector you pictured there we can generally call the "Pass Through" Harness It is part of the upfitters harness but has nothing to do with the wig wags. The harness you are after (if they did not remove it all together) should be back behind the glove box or generally bound up above the passenger footwell area. IF they left it installed it may extend all the way to your center console area and they might have just cut things in there. Take some pick up behind the glove box and I can point it out to you.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

smwalker wrote:That 4 wire connector you pictured there we can generally call the "Pass Through" Harness It is part of the upfitters harness but has nothing to do with the wig wags. The harness you are after (if they did not remove it all together) should be back behind the glove box or generally bound up above the passenger footwell area. IF they left it installed it may extend all the way to your center console area and they might have just cut things in there. Take some pick up behind the glove box and I can point it out to you.
These are the wires behind the glovebox, and the following picture is the wiring underneath the glovebox. Working third shift I didn't have much time and it seems my glovebox is diconnected I have all the screws out that I can see but can't seem to completely take it out.

I have a picture of the grey Kerr wire where it is cut up by the headlamp and both grey wires going through the firewall.

OH! In my third picture I found the two grey wires! they are in the cab! sweeet.
Attachments
Cut wire kerr harness.jpg
Cut wire kerr harness.jpg (258.01 KiB) Viewed 17745 times
Firewall.jpg
Firewall.jpg (328.45 KiB) Viewed 17745 times
below glove box.jpg
below glove box.jpg (446.29 KiB) Viewed 17745 times
Top glove box.jpg
Top glove box.jpg (285.26 KiB) Viewed 17745 times

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

For removing the glove compartment on 12-13's there are 3 hidden screws under the tray inside the box. See diagram in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=347&start=60#p14918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you find those already?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If you do not plan on adding more stuff under the hood remove the two gray wires and plug up the hole in the firewall, that is a documented source for water leaks.

Cant make out the p;ug of the up fitters harness in your pics. Get the glove box out and you should see it.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

smwalker wrote:If you do not plan on adding more stuff under the hood remove the two gray wires and plug up the hole in the firewall, that is a documented source for water leaks.

Cant make out the p;ug of the up fitters harness in your pics. Get the glove box out and you should see it.
Okay for sure, I saw those gray ones in there in the footwell then I just need to get to the harness. I'll plug off or seal the grommet as best I can on the firewall, so far I've had no issues.

Now what about the (Grey) cut wire up front? Does that wire into the wig wag or what? It's all part of that same series. And hopefully, behind the glove box they haven't taken that harness out. I would probably wire the switch right from there into the glove box.

Active Duty USAF