New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Front Clip and Airbags
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:25 am 

Hey guys, I'm in need of an entire front clip and air bags for my 2012 PPV. I would prefer all body parts be black but I am open to others as well. I'm not expecting anyone to have these parts sitting around, but if you see them in a junkyard or part out near you please let me know.

Thanks!
-Collin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:25 pm 
Administration Staff

Collin,
LKQ, Coparts, etc should have a few Caprices. At LKQ in Omaha we had a 2012, from an Iowa sheriff departmnet for about 8 months. That was last year. I would also search Craigslist between Omaha, Des Moines and Minneapolis. I have seen them parted out there also.

Maurice

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:35 pm 
System Manager

Try a search on www.car-part.com and you'll probably get a hit. The front clips should all interchange 2011-13.

Eric

System Manager and your tourguide for the day. Caprice Alumni, former owner of a 2011 Caprice 9C3 with a Rotofab CAI and front radiator cover, 3.45 LSD Camaro rear diff, Chris Henry performance tune, G8 GT 18" Enkei rims w/Holden lions, custom SLP axle-back muffler set with tips, Holden WM Caprice factory spoiler, Holden SSV leather steering wheel and leather shift knob, Whelen Alpha-12Q airhorn amp. G8 GT rear seat swap, AVS Ventshades.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:18 am 

Pursuit wrote:
Collin,
LKQ, Coparts, etc should have a few Caprices. At LKQ in Omaha we had a 2012, from an Iowa sheriff departmnet for about 8 months. That was last year. I would also search Craigslist between Omaha, Des Moines and Minneapolis. I have seen them parted out there also.

Maurice

Thanks Maurice, I will keep a close eye out. We have an LKQ/Keystone dealer here that can pull from the surrounding area so I'll check with them every so often. Craigslist hasn't yielded any results so far but I will keep checking that as well. I appreciate the info!

elc32955 wrote:
Try a search on http://www.car-part.com and you'll probably get a hit. The front clips should all interchange 2011-13.

Eric

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 pm 

I've got a G8 passenger airbag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 pm 

Did you see this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-CHEVROLET- ... t1&vxp=mtr

The price is ridiculous. I'd offer $1k to start a dialog.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm 

eagle-co94 wrote:
Did you see this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-CHEVROLET- ... t1&vxp=mtr

The price is ridiculous. I'd offer $1k to start a dialog.

Yes, he's on crack. Wouldn't take a penny less than $3k, and I'm local with cash in hand.

Let's not go into why I'm shopping for a front clip...but I am. :( Especially a black one. My hit wasn't THAT bad, but it got the hood, both fenders, and radiator support. Didn't even lose A/C or coolant, or bend any structural. I might just be buying a whole car wrecked or burned in the rear (saw one of those!), or flooded (one of those too, in Houston close to me).

So yeah, I'm looking too.

2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel