Wtb ppv shocks

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
GTObert

Re: Wtb ppv shocks

Post by GTObert »

That's understandable. What are you planning to do with the stuff anyway?
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I want the steelies to chop up to make a sneaky drag pack. Yes I know they won't be lightweight but they won't be broadcasting anything either lol

the shocks are getting eibachs or tein springs with Whiteline bushings and the rears are getting installed on the camaro rear cradle and then all getting thrown on the G8
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

Wouldn't you be better off going with a smaller wheel than 18" if you plan on mounting drag tires?

What's the advantage of using Caprice shocks and struts? Are they stiffer than the G8? Would aftermarket shocks/struts be better? I guess I have no idea what the differences are between suspensions on G8 and Caprice.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Yes smaller rims would be optimal. But that would broadcast something lol. I'm trying to go somewhat stealthy. Steel is a little easier to chop up and work with vs aluminum

Yes the shocks are stiffer then the GT and I've heard that they're a little stiffer then gxp shocks. So they are better. I don't want coilovers. The roads here suck. And been there done that. Just want to have a nice ride and look stock.
The camaro cradle has better options for suspension
So with all I'm hoping to have a great handling sleeper lol
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I heard that ppv owners install g8 springs to soften up the suspension