Looking for 9c3

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Looking for 9c3

Post by smwalker »

Thanks for the Ricon K9Vic! Good stuff!!

I might have been the yahoo from CA they were referring to, I asked about those holes in the console, could not tell if they were flaws in the photo or actual holes. And I knew something was missing from the center console but could not tell what. Anyway it is not to high up on my list right now. Got some other leads I am following up with. Recalls making it hard as some people want to handle the sale through a GM dealer to get their next cars but if we do that the caprice gets stuck in parts availability limbo.

Thanks for checking it out!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

They would not budge on the price and the owner I guess was talking about the guy on the phone from CA. I made them a fair offer, so maybe I will go back there next weekend and see what happens. Yeah it is priced low, but I want it as cheap as I can get it.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Looks like they have not sold it as of yet. Wonder if they would budge if I walked in with $16,000 in cash out the door (TT&L)?

At their listed price, it would be about $17,300 with TT&L. I offered them $17,000 with financing as I did not have all the cash last week. So likely they will not take that offer and I think I am okay with just one Caprice.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Here is a 2011 Black 9C3 in Colorado with 9K miles. I negotiated them down to $20,500.00 for what I thought was a un molested 9c3 but then noticed the pod on the roof and the plugs in the mirror covers. They did not want to pay for the removal / repair of items to get it closer to factory.

No B2B warranty (STARTED 6/27/2011) but Power train still active. They state it was a previous display car for a emergency light dealer. Seems legit, not a lot of wear from what I can see.

Dealer Link:
Link removed, inactive.

Here is a closeup of the Roof POD:
Roof wiring passthrough
Roof wiring passthrough
CO Caprice roof.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 14588 times
Wondering how many holes are in the taillights and headlights from all the bulbs I am sure they added. Or even how they sealed them up when, or if, they took them out.

6G1MK5E28BL534556
Last edited by smwalker on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

The 2011 Black 9C3 in Colorado came from here. The roof pod is a quick release plug for the lightbar.

http://www.repservices.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Quick-Connect.jpg
Quick-Connect.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 14578 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Thanks Vic, Good info! Looking at their FB page seems there was a full partition in there as well. Might be some holes in the center pillar interior trim as well.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

2012 Red 9C3 just showed up at a dealer in North Carolina. 14K miles. I was actually in negotiations with the owner before he traded it in. Had it inspected needed front brakes and 2 tires. Hopefully the dealership will do the work before the sale. Previous Owner was asking $18K, dealership bumped that up a tad as they do! LOL

EDIT: Removed inactive dealer link.
1.jpg
1.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 14504 times
6G1MK5U22CL613529
Last edited by smwalker on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

I would not call $5500 a tad, why did the owner not sell it to you? Was it due to a lien he had to pay off?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

K9Vic wrote:I would not call $5500 a tad, why did the owner not sell it to you? Was it due to a lien he had to pay off?
Yea things were going along fine, He did have a lean and I was willing to send money straight to his lender. Got the inspection, Went back and forth a little on the repairs needed, then he said he found a local seller and cut me out. After that did not want to deal with him. Was not entirely sold on the red anyway so maybe for the best. If it was gray I would have put up with much more shenanigans! LOL
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Also another 9C3 for sale in New Jersey 24K miles asking $19K. Looks very nice still has the anti scratch guard on the rear door sill.

EDIT: Link Deleted.

I ended up buying this one.
Last edited by smwalker on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White