Question on which to pursue?

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
H1tow3r

Question on which to pursue?

Post by H1tow3r »

Would a 2011 no hole, 9C1 with around 60k be a better purchase than a 2014 with only spotlight with around 70k?
Both clean no incidents.
Both are around the same price.

Which one would be better recommended for a daily driver all seasons?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Question on which to pursue?

Post by smwalker »

Well one consideration is on the 14 you still have some powertrain warranty left and some extended warranties on common failure parts. IF you like the style of the interior of the 14 I would go with that. If we are talking same price point on both 14 wins.

Spotlight hole an easy fix for any body shop.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Thats not really enough info just the miles does not tell you the story, was it a 24/7 patrol car? or something that had highway miles put on? Get the engine hours and also any service history you can, believe me 70k on patrol duty isn't 70k of a civilian car by any means....

As a side note I believe we all agree by now that 2011 is the fastest of the breed.... :roll:
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

xcidmigs wrote: As a side note I believe we all agree by now that 2011 is the fastest of the breed.... :roll:
Yes, of course, that is a well established fact that no one should try to refute in any way. :?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

smwalker wrote:
xcidmigs wrote: As a side note I believe we all agree by now that 2011 is the fastest of the breed.... :roll:
Yes, of course, that is a well established fact that no one should try to refute in any way. :?
Maybe, but black is the fastest color!! :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Black6

Post by Black6 »

14+ cars are soooo much better. If you don’t buy the 14, pm me. I might know someone interested
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
kevink

Post by kevink »

I would never pick a 14 and up car because of the electric steering and column shift, but everyone has their opinion.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I would never pick a 14 and up car because of the electric steering and column shift, but everyone has their opinion.
Kevin what don't you like about the electric steering? The fact that it has been failing? Or is there a performance difference?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White