Center hubcaps for 9C1

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
MSJohnson

Center hubcaps for 9C1

Post by MSJohnson »

Hi, I am new to this site. I would like to buy four used center caps. I plan to get 2011 Black 9C3 model. It comes with full cover hubcaps. I like 9C1 because it looks so hot. Dealer sells over $250+ each. Four of them would be over $1K! Crazy prices.

Thank you,
Mike
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Center hubcaps for 9C1

Post by Navy Lifer »

Hey Mike...and welcome aboard!

There are some strange things that have been noted regarding the cost of certain parts for the PPV model, and you have hit upon one of the most inexplicable things that make us all scratch our heads, wondering how could THAT part cost SO much!

Unless our resident parts guy from Australia, C.P. (for Crazy Paul) can offer a reasoned explanation, I think your best bet is going to be finding a salvage car, or another owner here who REALLY doesn't want the parts--and doesn't really care about the "value" that GM has assigned to them.

You've put yourself in a position of indicating how much you desire these parts--until you learned what they cost. Anyone who sees this, having these parts that may consider letting theirs go, is now going to know (whether they did previously or not) that they're "high-value", even if only to a relative minority of potential non-service users.

One of the 9C1 owners here installed Camaro wheels--try contacting Greg C by private message to see what his plans may be for the original wheel components. He's located in the Sacramento CA area.

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish the news was better!

When you get a chance, check in at the New Member section and introduce yourself--again, welcome!
AACoPD05

Post by AACoPD05 »

Side note: if you decide to unload your full wheel covers and they are in good shape let me know.
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

US$150ea + shipping
That's provided Holden don't have any kind of restriction on selling that part in Australia.
MSJohnson

Post by MSJohnson »

Will do!

;)
l77

Post by l77 »

Kadinger's Auto & Truck Parts. Salvage & Recycling in WI has 4 for $35 each ~ ~ ~
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

I have the "poverty caps" on my car and would like the full covers. I would consider trading. I am calling Scott in Gainesville, GA on here about some full covers tomorrow. I may buy them and keep the caps so I have options if the mood strikes me to swap them back and forth trying to decide.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

GM finally did get the pricing adjusted to a reasonable level for the center caps

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAs ... evel=19715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GM PART # 92246107
CATEGORY: Wheel Hub Cap/Trim
PACK QTY: 1
List Price: $49.98
Dealer Cost: $31.79

Also requires mounting hardware (kit), if you don't happen to have it:

GM PART # 92253493
PACK QTY: 1 per wheel
List Price: $11.33
Dealer Cost: $7.21