Reveal moldings (piece above doors?)

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
lastcall190

Reveal moldings (piece above doors?)

Post by lastcall190 »

Am I calling these things by the right name? Best I can describe is that the door closes, and the weatherstripping on the door rests against this piece, which I think is chrome.

I have tried to find a pic, but can only find this illustration, which tells me the driver's side is discontinued =|

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/ ... gK7HvD_BwE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks all, I figure it's a big part, not sure what shipping would run me.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Reveal moldings (piece above doors?)

Post by smwalker »

I just ordered these and have not been notified any are discontinued yet??

Even if you gotta pay closer to list price best to pck them up at your local dealer as less handling will mean less chance of bending them.

Every one I have enquired on part outs have had some sort of hole or damage from light bar installs. THink this is a part best bought new.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks!

Plugged these into GM Parts Direct and it said it doesn't fit my 2012 :?:

I am kind of baffled why it would say that, but at the bottom it says the parts fit 2014+... Does seem that exterior wise much changed 2011-2014?

If they work, then awesome. I agree if I could get them locally that would be best.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh yea now i see where the older numbers are discontinued. looking at my 11 and 14 I cannot see any diffrence really. Do you have yours off? What does the tab at the quarter window look like? I can post a pic of my 14 quarter window to see if there is any diffrence there because I cannot see it anywhere else.

ANd yes those numbers I ordered were for a 14.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CHEVEN

Post by CHEVEN »

BTW, while looking at 12's and 14's they look the same and parts do fit without issue there's "surprising" differences when you dig deeper. For instance the doors from a 12 will bolt right on a 14 and line up dead on ....but closer inspection reveals that inside door panels don't fit and out door handle is different too and while you can overcome the inside with some effort the ext. handles do not swap and that in turn screws with the latch assembly that has the door open sensor and bla bla bla ...then there the trunk lid, looks dead on the same .....they;'re not !! . Don't ask how i know all this. bottom line is this isn't the 91-96 "B" body ....stuff just doesn't cross over many years.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Interesting. Thanks for info!

smwalker, lemme know when you get the reveal moldings in and if they fit up 100%

Please.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI