Passenger rear window harness

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
undrcvrppv

Passenger rear window harness

Post by undrcvrppv »

Looking for the passenger rear window harness and switch for a 2012 caprice Ppv mine is corroded and they are 75 $ for the harness from gm
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Passenger rear window harness

Post by smwalker »

Where did it corrode? A the main connector? If at the main connector I have those terminals I could make you up a pigtail with some butt connectors to attach to the rest of the harness.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

It is corroded where it plugs into the switch there was glass in the bottom of the back door so I'm guessing the window got broken and it rained and wrecked the switch and harness. And I can't find where to buy a pin kit to redo the harness
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Some searching shows that is Yazaki 090-II series connectors and terminals.

If you need a new connector that is Yazaki 7283-1060

The terminals you would need (5 of them) is Yazaki 7116-4022
I have some if these already I can make you up 5 pigtail wires if you can reuse your connector. Then you can just butt connector them down the harness a bit and stagger the connectors to make the harness thinner. Send me your address if you want to go that route.

As for the switch have you popped off the back? May a bit of clean up could save the board and contacts. If anything that is where I would spend my money and get a new one. $26 bucks ain't a lot for new.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

I appreciate it I'm gonna pull the door panel apart tomorrow and see if the harness is worth saving and if I can go that route I will send you my address. And that was my thoughts exactly on just buying the new switch
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

Here's a pic it looks like the connector is still good just needs to be re pinned
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea that looks pretty bad.

I will work on some wires tonight.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

Thanks appreciate it here's 1 more pic
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Two extremely oversize pictures have been moderated. Please downsize your pictures when posting to conform to our guidelines or the zap gun comes out again!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

Thanks again Steve I got the wires and re pinned the plug only stabbed my self in the fingers 2 times in the process. Not sure if it works yet because the motor is still out and I can't hook up the battery to test it but I will keep you posted