Looking for headliner and trim

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
gpz750

Looking for headliner and trim

Post by gpz750 »

Just picked up a 2011. The headliner is destroyed and when it got taken out of service they broke almost every plastic trim piece inside. A pillars are all thats good.
indianajoe

Re: Looking for headliner and trim

Post by indianajoe »

When I bout mine the lower trim/carpet retainers were all trashed, I bought replacements from gmpartsdirect. Also have bought from gmpartsonline without an issue

Those kind of places probably have the pillar covers, headliner might be an issue because of size and cost, maybe someone's parting a caprice near you?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

re do it yourself? Headliner jobs are very easy if you have room and a helper. I found the correct material on this page, its the flat knit type.
http://www.bonanza.com/items/search?q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[search_description]=1&q[search_term]=Headliner%20Material%20Fabric

The plastic parts all have a part number stamped on the inside and most are still avail new. Even if you don't feel able to do the recover you could buy the correct material and new plastics and just take to a auto upholstery shop.
gpz750

Post by gpz750 »

Took the headliner to upholstery shop. They said they could fix the broken parts and recover for 150.
I will start pricing new plastics now.